St Mirren vs Hibs

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I said in the St Mirren thread, Alex Rae lost his job because he couldn't sign a dominant midfielder, the exact same thing is happening here.

Which is incredible considering the sort of midfielder Rae was.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He had one here last season, can't get much more dominating than Jim Goodwin.

Ayr will be my first game of the season, can't wait for the day out but as usual the football will be a distraction.

Goodwin barely featured in the second half of last season and we did just fine without him. We need a player like him but not him specifically.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fraser_smfc said:

You and me seem to be in the minority re Langfield. I'm not saying there aren't better keepers out there for us but he is far better than Gallacher, and certainly didn't deserve to be dropped yesterday.

I'm with you as well. I think Langfield was dropped to appease some of our more vocal fans, and obviously it was a disaster. I think he will be back in the team next week.

15 min highlights on Hibs TV were good.  Can't believe that only ended 2-0.  I've been critical of Gray's work on the wing but he did very well with the dummy then cross for the first goal although f**k knows what the St Mirren number 4 was doing in the 6 yard box.  Cummings' finish for the 2nd was excellent.

From the small amount I saw St Mirren looked like they'll struggle this season, seemed like one of the worst performances from a Hibs opponent in a while.  Bit disappointing Hibs didn't score at least 5 or 6, can't think of the last time that happened and or when they next get a better opportunity to do so. Was good to see a full 90 mins from McGeough who was probably the best midfielder and run outs for Shinnie (should have scored) and Graham.

Archived