The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 12/11/2023 at 00:09, Brazilianlex said:

So what is the story ? 

That having a league one budget and more players than the British Army will have you win the majority of the time at this level.

The league finished in November. Riveting stuff isn't it?

Definitely why multiple automatic relegation places from League 2 would be good so there could be more HL and LL clubs involved in the playoffs. Doubt it's going to be possible to ever change what's in place though given the SPFL's voting structure. Given the way Darvel blew promotion challenges a couple of times despite having a ridiculous budget at their disposal I think it's too early for other clubs to throw in the towel. 

6 hours ago, Neilly said:

That having a league one budget and more players than the British Army will have you win the majority of the time at this level.

The league finished in November. Riveting stuff isn't it?

The league was over about a month into it to be honest. Although League 2 is interesting it is only because there are only 10 teams, and you are never that far from the play off/relegation spots. However, it can’t be a great spectacle for the fans, playing each other 4 times a season. 

The whole system needs ripped up and reshaped, but as we know we will never get agreement from all Interested parties.

On 10/11/2023 at 20:46, Brazilianlex said:

Funny how money follows him around, isn’t it ?

That's one way to look at it , there's also a chance the EK board noticed he coped well with the budgets at Darvel & that could potentially be a factor to why he was appointed. I'm not saying he definitely doesn't bank roll his teams but assuming that doesn't sit right with me. The guys obviously very business savy. For me it would be strange to be firing in money when you are ambitious & on the look out for other opportunities further up the ladder. Personally I think hell manage a club league 1 & above in the coming years. 

2 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

That's one way to look at it , there's also a chance the EK board noticed he coped well with the budgets at Darvel & that could potentially be a factor to why he was appointed. I'm not saying he definitely doesn't bank roll his teams but assuming that doesn't sit right with me. The guys obviously very business savy. For me it would be strange to be firing in money when you are ambitious & on the look out for other opportunities further up the ladder. Personally I think hell manage a club league 1 & above in the coming years. 

It might be his money, it might not be.

On 13/11/2023 at 10:05, Pyramid Watcher said:

The league was over about a month into it to be honest. Although League 2 is interesting it is only because there are only 10 teams, and you are never that far from the play off/relegation spots. However, it can’t be a great spectacle for the fans, playing each other 4 times a season. 

The whole system needs ripped up and reshaped, but as we know we will never get agreement from all Interested parties.

Playing each other 4 times is not ideal but with only 10 teams there everyone has something to play for right to the end.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Yeah I don't think it was a big enough step up. Not much upside joining Clyde just now looking at where they are and the work needing done.

If he runs away with the LL and wins the playoff for EK he will be in the running for League 1 and Championship jobs in all likelihood.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Looks like he is staying:

IMG_3518.thumb.png.8a9410bf2445ad3f905e4

Clyde fans appear to think he was never offered the job in the first place.

IF, he was offered the job then he would have been a mug to accept it. Yes, tradition and all that stuff, Clyde would be a step up for him but in reality, why would you leave a club on the up, looking to build a new stadium, who have the money to attract a good calibre of player to a bunch of nomad's who have been on the slide for years, have little to no money and a dwindling support?

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

Yeah I don't think it was a big enough step up. Not much upside joining Clyde just now looking at where they are and the work needing done.

If he runs away with the LL and wins the playoff for EK he will be in the running for League 1 and Championship jobs in all likelihood.

Barry Ferguson and Bob Malcolm had that idea as well but got found out - easy winning a league with loads of money. Will be worth a watch though

3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Kevin Thomson thought the same about himself.

I actually wouldn’t mind Ek getting if it meant a more competitive league next season,

Added bonus of not having to hear about their money and Mick Kennedy in here all the time it’s like going back 20 years to Gretna and Rowan Alexander although it would be impossible for MK to be as much of an atsehole as Alexander.

On 15/11/2023 at 12:09, cowdenbeath said:

I actually wouldn’t mind Ek getting if it meant a more competitive league next season,

Added bonus of not having to hear about their money and Mick Kennedy in here all the time it’s like going back 20 years to Gretna and Rowan Alexander although it would be impossible for MK to be as much of an atsehole as Alexander.

Brilliant times in here with Gretna.

Especially that one diehard who hung on till the final few games and then vanished into the abyss never to post again.

Always wondered were they still on here quietly supporting New Gretna.

Tbf the Gretna punter was nowhere near the crazy Rossvale fan from the Juniors who wanted your address so he could come to battle it out with you in person.

Until one day he changed teams when his son got the heave ho out the door. Dad's threats of violence fissled out after that.

Sorry to bring some balance into this discussion.  Unless I am mistaken,  no one at EK has ever boasted about money or anything else. All such comments on here are made by others.

Of course they are absolutely entitled to their opinion, much of what is said is factual,  but not boastful as it would be if it came from the Club or supporters. 

This is a very important distinction. 

Just now, ekok said:

Sorry to bring some balance into this discussion.  Unless I am mistaken,  no one at EK has ever boasted about money or anything else. All such comments on here are made by others.

Of course they are absolutely entitled to their opinion, much of what is said is factual,  but not boastful as it would be if it came from the Club or supporters. 

This is a very important distinction. 

To be fair your correct no one at EK has mentioned money its fans from other clubs. 

I'm not fussed either way if someone wants to finance a serious go at getting into the SPFL good luck to them.

As I said yesterday i'd be happy for you to go up and make the title race more of a race next season.