The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

18 hours ago, ekok said:

I will let Mick speak for himself,  sure he is capable. 

What I said was not an excuse, simply an opinion based on what I observed first hand at the game. Three elements to what I said and stand 100% by each.

Pitch - slower , our passes were  nowhere near as slick as usual. Absolutely not a criticism of the pitch,  criticism of our lack of ability to deal with, other than launching balls, played right into Tranent's hands. 

Narrow- well it just is, again not a criticism,  other than our lack of ability to deal with. We didn't trust our possession game, suggest if we had, might not have been so roundly gubbed.

Intensity- right from the off this was Tranent's game plan , no nonsense, get the ball into our defensive third, particularly on our right side, exploit our hesitation to keep the ball ( see others comments about us doing this too much at times) , creating direct chances or winning second balls or picking up poor clearances.  The score might suggest Tranent got their tactics right, but we helped ensure they worked to a T.

I must admit i enjoyed this score a bit to much and the smugness coming out of EK FC  before this game lets everyone see they full of their own self importance. They think the league is already won and a run in the Scottish cup was all but guaranteed  and i have no doubt mick Kennedys head has already been turned. No top team should get beat 7-0 and as painful as it must be behind the scenes question marks are getting raised about this manager. Personally i think he's a cheque book manager. Tranent have the blueprint on how to beat EK FC and all lowland teams will have taken note of this. Out of curiosity are you in charge of the mick Kennedy cheerleading society.

3 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I must admit i enjoyed this score a bit to much and the smugness coming out of EK FC  before this game lets everyone see they full of their own self importance. They think the league is already won and a run in the Scottish cup was all but guaranteed  and i have no doubt mick Kennedys head has already been turned. No top team should get beat 7-0 and as painful as it must be behind the scenes question marks are getting raised about this manager. Personally i think he's a cheque book manager. Tranent have the blueprint on how to beat EK FC and all lowland teams will have taken note of this. Out of curiosity are you in charge of the mick Kennedy cheerleading society.

Tranent was the toughest draw EK could have gotten at this stage. When you look at Mick's interview after the game, there were no excuses and he came across pretty well imo.

He's also been quite critical of some of the displays in the league even after they have won games. Not sure any arrogance has been coming from the management team at EK, certainly publically anyway. Maybe the players were starting to believe their own hype but a result like Saturday can be turned into a positive if it brings them back down to earth and re-focuses them.

Edited by Crazy Feet

12 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Examples?

I don't think there's been any arrogance, the management team always appear really fair in their assessment of the matches.

There's no arrogance either from any EK fans on here.

14 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Kennedy is definitely a cheque book manager. Without the money his teams would be mediocre. EK should comfortably win the league and should make it through the play offs, but they aren't that impressive.

16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Absolutely ridiculous. It’s clear the LL is going to have to bring in some sort of restrictions/limits/financial doping penalties, complete nonsense. He’s a very decent player.

Here is one for you, should the LL and HL be part of the transfer window?

P.S. What a signing though.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

Here is one for you, should the LL and HL be part of the transfer window?

Defo

They already had to bring in a rule to stop transfers after a date near end of season after Cove Rangers won their league with weeks to go then played trialists to give their players a rest before the play off against Cowden who were not allowed to sign anyone due to SPFL rules.

LL needs to align itself with SPFL rules if it wants to be taken seriously as 5th tier in Scottish Football and open up pyramid.

An utter embarrassment really and the sign of an insecure management team to still be adding players like this on a weekly basis.

It will be hilarious if they don't go up. The most unlikeable wee team in the country.

52 minutes ago, Neilly said:

An utter embarrassment really and the sign of an insecure management team to still be adding players like this on a weekly basis.

It will be hilarious if they don't go up. The most unlikeable wee team in the country.

MK is on the shortlist to be the new Clyde manager and has had discussions with them apparently, could be about to jump ship already.

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

MK is on the shortlist to be the new Clyde manager and has had discussions with them apparently, could be about to jump ship already.

The only reason Clyde would give MK the job is if he brings money with him.

Clyde need funds and MK needs to satisfy his ego so a match made in heaven.

He is like one of those racing drivers that buys a seat.

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

How many players is that now? Must be approaching if not over 30. For a team in the 5th tier that is beyond farcical. Chequebook Mick is making a joke of the league

According to Transfermarket they have 25 so it will be 26 when this loanee joins. Think your allowed up to 4 loanees.

48 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The only reason Clyde would give MK the job is if he brings money with him.

Clyde need funds and MK needs to satisfy his ego so a match made in heaven.

He is like one of those racing drivers that buys a seat.

Not sure of this for fact, but some on the Clyde thread reckon they have money behind them now. Whether that’s tied into the proposed stadium plan which seems to be by no means certain, who knows.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Not sure of this for fact, but some on the Clyde thread reckon they have money behind them now. Whether that’s tied into the proposed stadium plan which seems to be by no means certain, who knows.

It’s not related. We’ve (supposedly) had a life-long supporter commit to at least ten years worth of financial support to effectively foot the bill for us to ‘return to the Championship’ (the BoD’s words, not mine). I say supposedly as we’ve not really seen evidence of having money yet but apparently the funding was secured after our playing budget had been decided for the upcoming campaign which meant the funds generally weren’t there over the Summer. 

Could all end in tears of course but it’s not linked to Crownpoint and I don’t think we’d need funding from Kennedy. I’d personally rather we looked in just about any other direction from Kennedy.