The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 08/11/2023 at 20:28, Connor7 said:

Would MK really leave EK at the moment? He will win the league comfortably by overspending. Probably win the play offs at the end of it. 

Then his CV would look better on paper and would probably be offered a better gig than a struggling Clyde. 

If Clyde don't have the resources to top spend in their league it's doubtful he will go.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

His name is in the papers, job done !

Exactly this. How often is the vacant post at Clyde fodder for the sports section of Scottish newspapers? Dangling a 'will he/won't he' to the journos for a job that, in my view, he'd have no real intention of taking but will regularly be talked about for regardless. Can then go back with a Wolf of Wall Street 'I'm not f'ing leaving' schtick for the EK media team and circulate for a few jobs higher up than Clyde in the future. Fair play if that's the case. Play the game if you can.

Don't think Clyde would be a good move for MK , East Kilbride are ambitious & if they do end up getting promoted & do well the following season there will be better jobs on offer to MK. Personally I think the guys a good manager , not having the whole cheque book manager thing. Can only piss with the c*ck you've got and fortunately for him there's been a fat cheque book everywhere he has went. Regardless if its his own money or not which I find hard to believe. He has a philosophy/style of play which he sticks. For me this works in his favour for future job opportunities.

1 hour ago, The nameless tim said:

Don't think Clyde would be a good move for MK , East Kilbride are ambitious & if they do end up getting promoted & do well the following season there will be better jobs on offer to MK. Personally I think the guys a good manager , not having the whole cheque book manager thing. Can only piss with the c*ck you've got and fortunately for him there's been a fat cheque book everywhere he has went. Regardless if its his own money or not which I find hard to believe. He has a philosophy/style of play which he sticks. For me this works in his favour for future job opportunities.

I'd have to disagree with you on the cheque book manager statement.  Yes there's definitely more to management than just being able to sign players - but being able to sign the highest paid (i'm assuming anyway) squad of players in the league and then being able to continue adding to that squad as you go on is a luxury that any manager would love.

That being said it does look like they play great football going by the goals posted online - and I was impressed with them in a tight game against Bo'ness midweek. 

Agree this £ stuff is only ever part of the equation.  Just look at the meltdown in Saudi with Nuno Espirto Santo getting the sack after spending more money on one team  than the SPFL for the next 10 years, maybe 20/30  years , who knows. That's not even in a league that is anywhere near the top.

It is absolutely what you achieve with what you have, no matter how that came about. There is an old adage that says  " the table never lies" Suggest more proof here.

I am certain Bo'ness would have beaten any other team in the league on Wednesday.  That is to their credit,  the fact we won is to our credit. 

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Agree this £ stuff is only ever part of the equation.  Just look at the meltdown in Saudi with Nuno Espirto Santo getting the sack after spending more money on one team  than the SPFL for the next 10 years, maybe 20/30  years , who knows. That's not even in a league that is anywhere near the top.

It is absolutely what you achieve with what you have, no matter how that came about. There is an old adage that says  " the table never lies" Suggest more proof here.

I am certain Bo'ness would have beaten any other team in the league on Wednesday.  That is to their credit,  the fact we won is to our credit. 

What’s your take on the managerial rumours ekok?

6 hours ago, The nameless tim said:

Funny how money follows him around, isn’t it ?

Absolutely understand why Clyde or many more Clubs would look at Mick, Si and ask "  Come here"

We did  , they are  here and unless I am am mistaken,  loving every minute of it. 

Must never take anything or anyone for granted and my absolute belief is this is only the start of the journey. 

3 minutes ago, ekok said:

Absolutely understand why Clyde or many more Clubs would look at Mick, Si and ask "  Come here"

We did  , they are  here and unless I am am mistaken,  loving every minute of it. 

Must never take anything or anyone for granted and my absolute belief is this is only the start of the journey. 

Fair answer, although there must be something in it, otherwise I am sure he or the club would have came out and denied it, or put the rumour to bed.

Kennedy has built an admittedly very savvy brand around himself at this level for a guy whose recent managerial career can be described, pretty much at best, as fulfilling minimum expectations by winning a title with Darvel and sitting comfortably top with EK - excluding the obvious with the Aberdeen win. It could be argued that his Darvel tenure was ultimately a failure with not getting them out of the WoS. I think teams vying for the top suit the style of play him and Ferry insist on. When it clicks, it's very easy on the eye, but I'd be concerned of that 'philosophy' being exposed far more by more capable physical, direct sides at a higher level. I wonder if there's a part of him keen to turn a less fancied outfit around to prove to himself that he can. I don't get the impression that's his style, mind you.

Edited by Omnishambles

Actually hope Kennedy and Ferry go to Clyde and EK can get someone else in to finish the promotion job... there's always been money with EK and they are ambitious enough to end up in the SPFL eventually, but could do without the circus that the current management team bring.

11 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Fair answer, although there must be something in it, otherwise I am sure he or the club would have came out and denied it, or put the rumour to bed.

Theres defo something in it. He has spoke to clyde. Just a wait to see if they have turned his head enough. I thought clyde would have wanted it done and dusted before weekend so maybe he isnt fancying it.

Back to the footie, Colts are not where they are without reason.  Well organised, fit, stuck to gameplan and definitely should have taken at least one of their few chances. Proctor has drilled them well. Absolutely saw today why they are where they are.

All of that said,  the score was just about right.  EK had more than enough chances to score more. Another big shout out for Keir Samson up front.  We are starting to use his movement to good effect,  particularly when keeping the ball at the back is closed down. 

Last word on Liam Brown, as the game wore on he was  more and more influential.  Both penalties were stick on and dispatched with " never ever going to be missed " aplomb

That might  have been the result.  But overall EK controlled the game.  Yes Colts might have scored in open play, more so us.

Both pens were as a result of EK pressure and total stick ons.

Both pens were text book, first into bottom left, second to the right, keeper no chance with either. 

Last 3 games were rightly a proper test,  suggest 9 points tells a story.  

1 hour ago, ekok said:

That might  have been the result.  But overall EK controlled the game.  Yes Colts might have scored in open play, more so us.

Both pens were as a result of EK pressure and total stick ons.

Both pens were text book, first into bottom left, second to the right, keeper no chance with either. 

Last 3 games were rightly a proper test,  suggest 9 points tells a story.  

So what is the story ?