The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

The  SFA accepted the latest audited accounts as meeting the Bronze Licence requirements,  so probably shoosh. 

Accept we are not everyone's favourite other team. We will try to play in a positive,  forward manner, where it gets us time will tell.

There is so much going on within the Club, I am proud to be part of this, even if others see my comments as s####. 

30 minutes ago, ekok said:

The  SFA accepted the latest audited accounts as meeting the Bronze Licence requirements,  so probably shoosh. 

Accept we are not everyone's favourite other team. We will try to play in a positive,  forward manner, where it gets us time will tell.

There is so much going on within the Club, I am proud to be part of this, even if others see my comments as s####. 

More rubbish

4 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Interestingly I heard through the football grapevine,

EK are trying to get rid of a few players,

but the players are refusing to go as they are still under contract getting paid an obscene amount of money for this level

The turnover of players is shocking and shouldn't be allowed and well done the guys who where good enough and not now r digging there heels in and wanting what the chicken  man promised them when they signed. There is so many better managers at this level and level 6. 

Mon the papers 

Edited by passbackdave
Spelling

22 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

MK replying to anyone on twitter who criticises his team or tactics. Really is cringeworthy behaviour, especially trying to justify his tactics last night. 

I was blocked by the East Kilbride Twitter after pointing out they hadn't tweeted the 6th goal (and a tweet the day before criticising the youth team decision).

Love it.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

I was blocked by the East Kilbride Twitter after pointing out they hadn't tweeted the 6th goal (and a tweet the day before criticising the youth team decision).

Love it.

Haha, not surprised by that. No interview after the match last night either! 

30 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

MK replying to anyone on twitter who criticises his team or tactics. Really is cringeworthy behaviour, especially trying to justify his tactics last night. 

Mick Kennedy, a heavy defeat, a stiff bevvy and Twitter access. One of life's great combos.

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

He is saying “we will see at end of season” Fcuk me, if he can’t win the league with that squad then there is something wrong. 

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

Week off for the Aberdeen analyst then. !

Mick has boxed himself in by saying he won’t change his style for anyone. Could be another good  game !!

2 hours ago, ekok said:

Can’t argue with the guy Keans ambition for his Club over the years but surely he is coming to realise he has hired a charlatan ? 

14 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Interestingly I heard through the football grapevine,

EK are trying to get rid of a few players,

but the players are refusing to go as they are still under contract getting paid an obscene amount of money for this level

Heard that they want money for the players. Players happy to leave. Not recruited well this year. I know Airdrie was a one off but EK players looked very unfit. 

41 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Heard that they want money for the players. Players happy to leave. Not recruited well this year. I know Airdrie was a one off but EK players looked very unfit. 

No one is going to throw the money at EK they are wanting for players, players perhaps better off sitting the season out "injured" and move to their new club free the following season. 

To me it was recruitment with the expectation that promotion was guaranteed. I don't see the players having the same appetite for another season in the Lowland League

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

No one is going to throw the money at EK they are wanting for players, players perhaps better off sitting the season out "injured" and move to their new club free the following season. 

To me it was recruitment with the expectation that promotion was guaranteed. I don't see the players having the same appetite for another season in the Lowland League

Agreed. I think the issue for EK this year is they have not recruited better than other teams in the league and other teams will know how to play against them now. MK seems to sign players and they get judged and fall out favour very quickly. As everyone has said they pay better money than the rest of the league but that does not always buy you a quality team.

15 hours ago, To B or not B said:

I suspect a lot of them will not be paid through the club, but through the owner’s firm.

A few footballers have also decided to invest in chicken franchises in recent years.