The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

If I remember correctly the Stenny match was just pay at the gate. 
As for hosting League 2 sides such as Clyde, it won't be an issue holding the game at K Park. Clyde visited K Park 18 months ago for a pre season fixture and there was no issue with allocating their big travelling support. 

Bit of a difference between a pre season game and a league game though tbf...

Been keeping upto date with EK since currently having a long term save with them on football manager find them becoming like a second team to me haha was really suprised they got crawford the boys a work horse he will do fantastic with them.

On 1/16/2017 at 13:30, leomessi1984 said:

How is ex Rangers player Robbie Crawford doing at his new home?

I felt Saturday's match passed him by a bit although he did muster up an excellent shot which was matched by an excellent save.  As JohnMc said a double on your debut is decent...especially for a centre-mid.

16 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Starve their club of funds and give it to a competitor - yes, that's certain to work as well as all similar such stunts have in the past.

Not that the Eeekies will mind - all contributions to their SPFL Expeditionary Fund will be Keanly received.

41 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Starve their club of funds and give it to a competitor - yes, that's certain to work as well as all similar such stunts have in the past.

Not that the Eeekies will mind - all contributions to their SPFL Expeditionary Fund will be Keanly received.

The game their going to is away to Selkirk so its them who will get extra gate money not EK.

1 hour ago, johnmc80 said:

I burst out laughing at this. Not because the Accies fans want to make a protest but why drag another local club into it who have no connection to the issue they are protesting about. History repeats and repeats itself. A number of Falkirk fans once did the same in 1994/95 and went to a Shire away Scottish League at Forfar. By co-incidence Shire were on very much of a high at the time as are EK at the moment. The Falkirk fans added nothing to the Shire fan base on the day and drifted away a few games later. Here hoping that the Accies fans see sense this time and become Lowland League fans (yeah right).

If it was me protesting about my club (and I have done that verbally and more when events require) I wouldn't stop going to the games but rather use the games voice my protest. Why would a protester miss "THE" biggest media event of the week to get their point across ? I have no idea why fans thinking following another club for a game will make Accies play better or worst or why these rebel fans would wish to advertise that they are deserting their team in a time of trouble to do this. Protests need publicity that is true but the media coverage they seek should focus on the issue and the club not a 3rd part club as it just gives the 3rd part club the publicity and dilutes their protest about the Accies. Most strange. However, those Hamilton guys no doubt know what they are going so what do I know. If it is the case these are the type of fans that don't watch their team if the team plays badly well they are beyond my ken though from experience this type of fan just stop going to games rather than telling the world about it.

Sad EK are getting dragged into this as they don't deserve to be associate with a poorly performing team this season... unless it is just another DR midweek "Story" (hopefully not).

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The game their going to is away to Selkirk so its them who will get extra gate money not EK.

Da fuuuuuu.... that makes even less sense? Why drag themselves all that way out there for a foregone conclusion game?

31 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Its a strange one right enough. Selkirk might get 50 more fans through the gate. Other than that it serves no purpose really.

Unless it's all a cunning ruse so they can actually go & hit the Lochgarron tartan mill January sale pure Royal Marines style, like.

On 12/31/2016 at 12:06, Shirey Pirey said:

Scottish fifth-tier side East Kilbride thought they had broken Ajax's record earlier this season - but the official mark can only be set by teams playing in their country's top tier.

That said...TNS play in a league that doesn't have the six biggest clubs in that country competing.  And they play in England rather than Wales anyway, so they are shameful imposters.

6 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That said...TNS play in a league that doesn't have the six biggest clubs in that country competing.  And they play in England rather than Wales anyway, so they are shameful imposters.

To say nothing about the farce of a football league where the same club is national champions year after year after year - um, hang on! :bairn