24 hours on the run

banana

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the Op been inspired by the recent TV series on C4, hunted?

Quite fancied that. They made it clear the secret was to stay away from suburbs and mass population areas.

Head for the hills and stay away from CCTV and motorways.

24 hours would be easy. The month the TV series made you try, not so much

Would take me around 20 minutes to get to the foot of the Juras. Pop into the shops on my way to the train station for some food and drink and head up one of the hills with a tent and into the forest for the night. Piece of piss to be honest.

Shave my beard and head, leave my phone in the house, fill a bag with some food and bottled water. Take my 3DS and battery pack and go hide in the nearby industrial estate, it's pretty dead in there, few abandoned factory buildings down there, find my way inside one and wait it out. 

Making a few assumptions here: 

- People would know where to look for you so you couldn't just hide in your attic.

- That once the 24 hours is up you are free and clear.

- That things like your car would also be known, so if you left it somewhere people would recognise it and start looking for you.

I'd probably drive to a place near my work where there's a large derelict building, set among fields with a pond.  Depending on the weather, I could roll my car into the pond and it'd be completely submerged, then I could break into the derelict building and hide out the 24 hours.  It's far enough away from my house that people wouldn't immediately make the connection and hiding the car would buy me some time I think.

1 hour ago, Grim O'Grady said:

My missus is a dab hand on the singer I'll have you ken, she could run me up a shell suit in 30 min nae bother, Who hasn't got a long blond wig in the back of their wardrobe? I've got a pair of sunglasses & I could easily adapt a football medal into a gold medallion, I'd fashion a doggie doo-doo into a cigar & bingo I am J Savile. Guys n gals etc. 

G-Bo(re) 

That is absolutely fucking horrific patter, honestly. I feel at times your treatment on here is OTT but that is truly honking chat. Along with making jokes about going on cruises (after greeting about other folk making jokes at your expense) I'm starting to think you deserve all you get on here.

As for the question, I reckon most folk would do the same thing - grab as much money/food/water as you have and head somewhere remote as f**k. The Hunted TV show showed you the things you need to avoid like using your bank/phone and try to avoid anywhere with CCTV. The folk who went rambling through forests and the like lasted the longest, unless they were complete idiots. I'd jump on my bike and head for the hills.

2 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

highlands or remote argyll, or small boat to an unmanned island on loch lomond.

Bad idea.  You stand out a mile in a remote location.  (Somebody will have spotted the small boat - highlight of their day!)

Go to large city where nobody looks at anyone in the eye and everyone minds their own business.

Even if they see you - they will think you are someone else.

Alternatively buy a pair of thick rimmed glasses and nobody will recognise you.

You can't buy any sort of costume. As soon as your picture is released, some shop keeper will recognise you as the bloke that came in and bought whatever outfit and everyone will know you're dressed as whatever it is you chose.

And Jimmy Savile? Aye, disguise yourself as a dead person. That won't make you stand out at all. Behave.

You can't buy any sort of costume. As soon as your picture is released, some shop keeper will recognise you as the bloke that came in and bought whatever outfit and everyone will know you're dressed as whatever it is you chose.

That's why when I went in to buy my gorilla costume I'd be wearing another outfit. So when the police show my picture to the shopkeeper and say "have you seen this man" he'd say "no, the only sale I've made this morning was when I sold a gorilla outfit to a Red Indian."

Just now, Bully Di Villa said:

That's why when I went in to buy my gorilla costume I'd be wearing another outfit. So when the police show my picture to the shopkeeper and say "have you seen this man" he'd say "no, the only sale I've made this morning was when I sold a gorilla outfit to a Red Indian."

Ok, that works :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Go to large city where nobody looks at anyone in the eye and everyone minds their own business.

Even if they see you - they will think you are someone else.

"...every single person on the planet will be trying to find and kill you."

Dead within a minute imo.

Archived