Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Made the mistake in my Leeds save of offering a 35% wage increase upon promotion in every contract, based on the theory I'm shite and won't get promoted.

We're in the process of romping the league, a furious, unrivalled contract renewal spree is on the go

Made the mistake in my Leeds save of offering a 35% wage increase upon promotion in every contract, based on the theory I'm shite and won't get promoted.

We're in the process of romping the league, a furious, unrivalled contract renewal spree is on the go

Exactly what i did and now my wages are through the roof.

Really struggling in the Premier League, sitting 17th with 1 win 2 draws and 5 defeats. Also think ive finished 3 games with 11 men on the park [emoji53]

February 2018 on my Chorley save. A fairly strong start to the campaign has saw me sit in the play-off spots for most of the season.

Got to the 2nd round of the FA Cup beating Carlisle in the first round, and narrowly losing 1-0 to Preston in the 2nd.

Lost in the 3rd round of the FA Trophy too, throwing away a 2-0 lead away to Dagenham, but a decent run by all means.

Due to our wee cup runs, the league results started tailing off a bit leading up to Christmas. I was originally playing a flat 4-4-2, but a few free signings in the wingers department, including Jennison Myrie-Williams, saw me change to inverted wingers which has saw a massive upturn in results.

My last 3 league results have saw me pick up 6-4 and 6-1 wins away to Gloucester and Workington respectively, and a 9-3 demolition of Brackley at home.

Despite those scores, I'm still 5th. Onwards and upwards!

This social media feed is a bit naff.  Everytime I bring in a player on trial, no-matter who it is, you're guaranteed to see 'Yes, he'd be great' or 'Oh no, he's rubbish'.  On top of that, as Caley Thistle manager I got drawn against Buckie, Peterhead, Dumbarton and Forfar and one fan wrote 'No chance of winning the cup now'!  Not very positive!

I haven't played this since it was champman, the apprentice brought it into work so I got it.

f**k me, in the last week I've never been off it, i'm sat in bed late at night with the o/h going mental as I shout at the laptop.

Went Falkirk, doing well. End of feb, 1/4 final of Scottish cup, sitting second (15pts behind hibs, they have walked it) but 5 clear.

But the best bit is i'm in the final of the IRN BRU cup. Honestly, this is the only time the bells cup has ever mattered to me. I want it.

Biggest problem I have though is getting players to stay. Muirhead wants to go, sibald and baid are away for free (baird was a right wee c**t wanting to go before the season started for £30k) luca was sold by the board for £300 k fair enough, then I had to sell Grant to wolves for £800k :lol:

problem is this happened in the last few days of the Christmas window. I didn't see much point scouting as I had nil money. Now my team aren't happy I've not added depth.

Got Dingwall on loan from county, was a bit meh, Wilson from thistle he's not bad and made my first big money signing, a few thousand for Dean Brett from Cowdenbeath. What a player. solid 8's most game.

£450 k to spend next season, any decent players out there to scout. I've a few decent on load from down south

I haven't played this since it was champman, the apprentice brought it into work so I got it.

f**k me, in the last week I've never been off it, i'm sat in bed late at night with the o/h going mental as I shout at the laptop.

Went Falkirk, doing well. End of feb, 1/4 final of Scottish cup, sitting second (15pts behind hibs, they have walked it) but 5 clear.

But the best bit is i'm in the final of the IRN BRU cup. Honestly, this is the only time the bells cup has ever mattered to me. I want it.

Biggest problem I have though is getting players to stay. Muirhead wants to go, sibald and baid are away for free (baird was a right wee c**t wanting to go before the season started for £30k) luca was sold by the board for £300 k fair enough, then I had to sell Grant to wolves for £800k :lol:

problem is this happened in the last few days of the Christmas window. I didn't see much point scouting as I had nil money. Now my team aren't happy I've not added depth.

Got Dingwall on loan from county, was a bit meh, Wilson from thistle he's not bad and made my first big money signing, a few thousand for Dean Brett from Cowdenbeath. What a player. solid 8's most game.

£450 k to spend next season, any decent players out there to scout. I've a few decent on load from down south

If you have enough wage and if he's still avaliable on a free try getting Diego Poyet, becomes class.

Eventually got this, quite enjoying it so far even though it appears to be the same game with a few gimmicky features chucked in.

The social media thing seems like a particularly strange choice of feature, given they've never gotten the fan confidence section remotely realistic. First thing I saw on it was the fan's moaning about David Gray getting a one year extension :lol:

Some nice wee changes though. I like that you can assign individual training to staff but still go in and change instructions here and there without going back to the responsibilities menu. Used to annoy me that you couldn't switch between two similar saved tactics without everyone's positions going haywire as well, that's another small but welcome fix.

Stsrted with Hibs naturally. I can't play without wingers in FM so sold McGinn for £2.5m and have bought Sibbald, Quitongo and Ajayi from Cardiff, after McGregor picked up a long term injury. Even after McGinn's sale, I'm loaded with CMs but have cash to spend so bought Mallan and loaned him back for 7 months. Will hopefully make an impact in Jan but at the very least be Shinnie's replacement. Will probably spend my last bit of cash on a partner for Cummings.

Beat Grasshoppers on away goals (injury time Gray goal from a corner in first leg to thank) and lost 3-0 on aggregate to West Ham. Decent enough start.

The social media bit is quite annoying. I got beat off Man United and fans were calling for my head.

Alex Mowatt got motm in my last game and a fan was saying he wasnt good.

Confuses the f**k out me, I know Leeds fans are fickle but fucking hell.

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Eventually got this, quite enjoying it so far even though it appears to be the same game with a few gimmicky features chucked in.

The social media thing seems like a particularly strange choice of feature, given they've never gotten the fan confidence section remotely realistic. First thing I saw on it was the fan's moaning about David Gray getting a one year extension :lol:

Some nice wee changes though. I like that you can assign individual training to staff but still go in and change instructions here and there without going back to the responsibilities menu. Used to annoy me that you couldn't switch between two similar saved tactics without everyone's positions going haywire as well, that's another small but welcome fix.

Stsrted with Hibs naturally. I can't play without wingers in FM so sold McGinn for £2.5m and have bought Sibbald, Quitongo and Ajayi from Cardiff, after McGregor picked up a long term injury. Even after McGinn's sale, I'm loaded with CMs but have cash to spend so bought Mallan and loaned him back for 7 months. Will hopefully make an impact in Jan but at the very least be Shinnie's replacement. Will probably spend my last bit of cash on a partner for Cummings.

Beat Grasshoppers on away goals (injury time Gray goal from a corner in first leg to thank) and lost 3-0 on aggregate to West Ham. Decent enough start.

Trying to be like your user namesake much?

The Edinburgh City challenge isn't as bad if you cut down the winning bonuses and set your mentality to CONTAIN. I've managed to shitfest my way to 5th in January so far, with every game ending up 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 for the last eleven.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

My first save (a traditional United game) is going quite well after two and a bit seasons. Missed out on a playoff spot in season one (finishing 5th in the Championship I assumed would get me the sack but the board offered me a two year deal!). I won the league in season two after being a bit more adventurous with my formation and 'fluidity' (as soon as I moved from structured to fluid I started pumping everyone in sight). 

The first season in the Premiership is only a few games old but I'm hoping for 7th-9th given my frugal spending and board expectations. I am still sticking with a 4231 for most of my games but a slightly different shape for away games. Keatings came in last season on a free and made a massive difference but with only Murray and Apere as backup I needed to sign someone but the only suitable free transfer was the much maligned Ched Evans (I did feel a little guilty signing him but thought "f**k it"). 

Bought this the other day. First thoughts are pretty decent, pleased they've upgraded the match engine. In four games of FM 17, I've already score more goals from corners and direct free kicks than in FM 16.