Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

I hate takeovers. In one of my Peterhead saves from a few years ago, I'd just got us promoted to the championship and suddenly Javier Zanetti, of Argentina and Inter fame came sniffing around trying to buy the club. He was going to punt me and replace me with Michael Stewart. Needless to say, the takeover never went through and I had the last laugh.

I've only ever been taken over once, having taken east fife to the championship in 2 season there was a long drawn out process where my job was in doubt, in the end the new guy stuck with me and nothing actually changed.

Anybody having bother with the cloud saves? I regularly played between my PC and my laptop using cloud saves on 16 but one of the saves doesn't seem to be transferring this year? I've tried logging out of Steam on both, closing them down, re-saving etc.

Parma Calcio 1913 - first save.

Got them promoted in first place place from theirLega Pro Serie C section and now currently leading Serie B with about 20 games played.

4-2-3-1 Defensive - home and away. 

Sit in tight and hope to nick something with a bit of magic up front. 

Anybody having bother with the cloud saves? I regularly played between my PC and my laptop using cloud saves on 16 but one of the saves doesn't seem to be transferring this year? I've tried logging out of Steam on both, closing them down, re-saving etc.

Im having bother with manually saving the game, keeps corrupting the file.

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

just had a player play a 4.7 in a loss to spurs, didn't even think the ratings went that low.

I had an interesting one in my save when was still West Ham. Adrian faced 33 shots 15 on target and chucked a howler for only goal of game in after like 20 mins and got a 4.9. Was pulling off save after save and rating didn't go up at all. 

1 minute ago, Broony88 said:

I had an interesting one in my save when was still West Ham. Adrian faced 33 shots 15 on target and chucked a howler for only goal of game in after like 20 mins and got a 4.9. Was pulling off save after save and rating didn't go up at all. 

Folk who make errors seem to get pretty harshly treated for it in terms of ratings tbf, same with strikers who miss penalties.

My third-season Brentford title charge is being ruined by Liverpool getting relegated to the Championship. Nevertheless, sitting top after nine games with the only defeat coming to the Reds at Anfield, and a second round EFL Cup exit to Swindon after going 3-0 down after ten minutes.

Incidentally, James Maddison was my top scorer in the second season with 25 playing as a shadow striker. I've taken him on loan from Norwich again but hasn't shown anything like the form he had.

15 hours ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

My third-season Brentford title charge is being ruined by Liverpool getting relegated to the Championship. Nevertheless, sitting top after nine games with the only defeat coming to the Reds at Anfield, and a second round EFL Cup exit to Swindon after going 3-0 down after ten minutes.

Incidentally, James Maddison was my top scorer in the second season with 25 playing as a shadow striker. I've taken him on loan from Norwich again but hasn't shown anything like the form he had.

Hold on, Liverpool were relegated? :lol:

Started a season last night with Newcastle. Signed Paterson and Cummings amongst others but couldn't settle on a formation really, and was sacked sitting 5th by Christmas.

Applied for every job going to bash on and was offered Chorley in the Vanarama North. Sat 20th with 5 wins all season and without a win since September 24th, I would've been happy to finish comfortably in mid table.

A 2-0 win at home to Fylde on New Year's Day started things off well, and now, I'm 2 points off the play offs, with 11 wins and 7 draws in my 18 games in charge.

I'll be back to show Newcastle they made a mistake. [emoji5]

Anyone use any mods or custom databases?

Aside from my usual vanilla St. Mirren game, I'm running a database I downloaded where Scotland has been overhauled right down to school and academy level being represented and the money in the Scottish game is very much comparable to that of England. It's throughly unrealistic but certainly makes for a fun playthrough.

The first season budgets don't move but having a look through the league, most clubs have a projected budget of £20-£50m to spend after season one.

Aberdeen just sold me Danny Rodgers for 120k which was nice of them. Signed Zander Clark for 70k and he was my first choice during the first season back in the premiership which was another good deal.

Edited by Zing.