Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Started with Sunderland the other day, currently sitting 7th after 18 games.  Signed Griffiths who has been disappointing, and a young guy called Joe Ralls from Cardiff who has been a good signing.  Ronaldinho as an impact sub (3 assists so far) and Michael Essien as a backup to add some depth to a squad carrying around 8 or 9 injuries at the beginning of the game.

Found it really difficult to negotiate transfers as the money is obscene.

Opening 5 games were a baptism of fire, and I full anticipated being under pressure after this.

City away - pumped 4-0.

Burnley home - 2-2.

Utd away - 3-0 loss but only 1-0 until 80 mins.

Liverpool away - spirited 1-0 defeat from a late goal.

Chelsea home - 1-0 defeat.

Things have picked up after this and after the injuries cleared up I went on an 8 match unbeaten run which included beating Spiurs 1-0 at White Hart Line, and a 2-2 home draw with Arsenal. FM at its finest however brought me back to earth last night with a 2-0 home defeat to WBA who are 19th.

I initially played a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield, 1 deep lying playmaker (Ralls) and 1 box to box midfielder (Didier NDong) with Defoe and Griffiths/Anichebe upfront.  I was forced into a reshuffle     (4-5-1 with an anchorman 2 cm and 2 inside forwards) which has resulted in me finding my best formation with injuries beginning to clear up.  Borini is now back in the team at the expense of an injured Defoe and Duncan Watmore is running the show on the right wing.  Januzaj has also been brilliant.  

It is a hard job on my hands to wheel and deal as players such as Lee Cattermole and Steven Pienaar are eating up a combined wage of 70k per week and there is no interest whatsoever.  Can't even give Pienaar away!

The worry I have for my 2nd season is that two of my star players are on loan : Januzaj and Manquillo (right back) and my wage budget is already at its max with no money available for transfers I don't expect to be given a big war chest.

Any of you found some bargains in terms of players who can hit the ground running at a good price?  Buzzing to play it later as I thought at the midway point I'd be lucky to be 17th never mind 7th.  Tough run of games coming up starting with City at home, might not be as enthusiastic once they have been played!

Edited by cakedawg

Started a game with spurs and coming to end of January and I am sitting top of the league at the end of January. Started off pretty average so tinkered with my formation and then suddenly could not lose. Lost 2 games in the league since september. Randomly got beat 7-1 by watford and then 4-3 by man city.

Transfers in
Belotti (34m)
Depay (39m)
Lacazette (30.5m)
Tierney (9m)
Ward prowse (29m)
Riedewald (29.5m)
Beharino (13.75m)
Kongolo (22.5m
Rico henry (10m but remained on loan)
Jack colback (loan to beef up squad)

Transfers out
Wimmer (13.75m)
Son heung min (29m)
Tom carroll(8.75m)
Mousa sissoko (16.5m)
Ben davies (15m)
Toby alderweireld (55m... didnt want to sell but too good to turn down)
Vincent janssen (11m)

Team is

Lloris

Walker
Kongolo
Vertonghen
Rose

Alli
Dier

Lacazette
Erikson
Depay

Belotti/kane/berahino

Long may it continue. Not conceded a goal in ten games

Fired up the game for the first time in a while. Here's an update on life in Florence...

This is my record since taking the reigns, had some absolutely sensational results but a few disheartening ones along the way too. Keeping the back door shut has been an impermeable task as I'm trying to blood a young Italian centre half to take over from Astori.

eb51d5aee7a559b539d532c65f5e2c2d.png

With six games to go we are by no means out of the European picture, which would be a great feat considering we were fourteenth when I took over.

5540814fd6e25b3be146de190e03b536.png

We've got such a bloated and average squad with a terribly high average age. Valero, Sahin, Honda, Carrillo, Belhanda will hopefully all be away at the end of the season to get them off the wage budget. I've signed Jovetic and Santon to as we're short in attack and in the full back positions. I don't want to add too many faces but we'll see how the squad building goes. Abdou Diakhate has been a revelation since I came in and the addition of Lucas Romero in the midfield during the January window has proved to be thoroughly astute. Could do with a few more goals from the centre mids but I'm quite happy with where we are at the minute.

818d230687b084a8fb07ec807ba2aea6.png94d49f3321957ee162a38cff99836061.png

Started one with Airdrie, had a horrible start and was 9th after 9 games. Went on a good run and I'm currently sitting 2nd in February. Signed Michael Ngoo on a free transfer at the start of the season and he seems to be banging the goals in. Ryan Conroy also loves scoring a freekick! He's wanting £1.1k a week for his new contract, it's Airdrie no China mate!

Finished 4th in the Championship in my 3rd season at Sheffield Utd. Papped out the playoffs by Villa. Not the end of the world, I overachieved getting that far and the team would have got turned over in the Premiership.

Only given £2m and 25k a week though which is not a lot to work with considering how many new players I need.

Have ended up at Sheffield Wednesday after quitting Coventry due to the board being a pile of dicks. Got promoted to the Premier league in my first full season in charge, they have a ridiculous budget compared to Coventry. Steven Fletcher was still stinking up the place though, shite, extremely old and on 35k a week. Contract thankfully ran out at the end of the season. 

8th placed finish at Scottish Cup runners-up in my first season at Accies. All my signings have done well, but after getting 8 goals in his first 4 games, David Henen only got a couple after. I lost Crawford for £800K in January, but it just meant I could improve my defence, get contracts tied up, and despite changing my system, the midfielders were good enough without him.

Can't do it after brexit. The Bosman rule was an eu law. You can do it until then though.

I have to thank you. It's only dawned on me now why you can't approach players from Russia, Brazil etc. On pre contracts. [emoji23]

Had no idea that the Bosman rule was just EU specific, thought it was just a football rule tbh.

Wonder if this will implicate real life.

Signed Jordyn Sheerin for JDT (Malaysian club) for 20k and despite not scoring a single goal in 30 games for Elgin he has 45 goals in 47 league games and consecutive golden boots for me and won me 3 Asian Confederation cups in a row. Some boy.

Managed to win the league with spurs in the first season. Got put out every cup pretty early so room for improvement. Only one signing lined up thus far and that is ruben neve from porto. Currently trying to punt wanyama to keep the squad numbers down