ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/02/2017 at 12:26, Ayr Victoria said:

I doubt very much that Whitletts will be third favourites but if they are then lump on at 5/2.

If Darvel win their game in hand they will still be behind Whitletts so Darvel will not be favs for the league sir. McBookie aren't stupid!

Ur wrong again ffs keep posting to u get one right 

I don't think the difference between the ADL and the Super First is that big.

However, the jump from the Super First to Premier is a much steeper curve.

I personally feel there is a big difference between ADL and Super First. SF is such a cut-throat league and you're always guaranteed to have at least a couple of big clubs in there, for example Clydebank and Petershill this season.

Most Ayrshire teams who get promoted there seem to struggle - in recent years Irvine Vics (twice), Winton, Ardeer are a few examples. The only ones who seem to thrive are the clubs who benefit from some financial input - Troon, Hurlford, Kilwinning etc. I don't think you can get promoted with the same squad and expect to avoid relegation.

33 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I personally feel there is a big difference between ADL and Super First. SF is such a cut-throat league and you're always guaranteed to have at least a couple of big clubs in there, for example Clydebank and Petershill this season.

Most Ayrshire teams who get promoted there seem to struggle - in recent years Irvine Vics (twice), Winton, Ardeer are a few examples. The only ones who seem to thrive are the clubs who benefit from some financial input - Troon, Hurlford, Kilwinning etc. I don't think you can get promoted with the same squad and expect to avoid relegation.

Girvan are favourites to win it ffs so how u work that out 

we have played the meadow 3 times this season won 1 drew 1 with 7 men on the park and they edged the replay 

I agree there is very little difference but the top league is a different kettle of fish 

It should be an interesting run in with lots of twists & turns yet to come but I am not surprised to hear Darvel are the favourites for the ADL and rightly so with the fixtures that are left. I fancy Darvel and AWR for promotion, I think it would have been whitletts and 1 of these 2  if not for the injuries they have had this season.

1 hour ago, iPhone said:

It should be an interesting run in with lots of twists & turns yet to come but I am not surprised to hear Darvel are the favourites for the ADL and rightly so with the fixtures that are left. I fancy Darvel and AWR for promotion, I think it would have been whitletts and 1 of these 2  if not for the injuries they have had this season.

Aye cos Darvel haven't had any injuries or players not available mate!!

As I stated weeks ago. Ardrossan had played the majority of there games against the lesser teams. When they played a team in the top 6 they've struggled and been rather fortunate to score late goals for draws or wins. Cracking league and I wouldn't like to predict who'll go on to be the champs.

Archived