La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

What can accurately be described as a national campaign of racism against Vinicius reached a new low in Spain oday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65666613

Valencia fans can now be added to Mallorca fans, Osasuna fans, Valladolid fans and Atletico fans as having targeted Vinicius with racist chanting during a match. An Atletico fan also hung an effigy of Vinicius from a Madrid bridge earlier this year. The campaign against Vinicius went nationwide after agent Pedro Bravo compared Vinicius to a monkey on El Chiringuito (popular football TV show) last September. 

I just seen a video on Twitter a while ago where he's walked over to Ancelotti to tell him he wants off and they both just stand looking at each other as it sounds like about half the stadium chant Mono at him (monkey).

Stomach churning.

It's fucking vile. He has had it for months now and it's heartbreaking. The way he has went about his business has been so admirable for such a young guy. 

Having lived here five years ,the casual racism in society is a massive stain on the country. Not just that but homophobia too. 

I wasn't at the Atleti-Real game when he was getting abuse but can imagine how bad it was - the shit Salah was getting in the Liverpool game was bad enough.

I'm not sure what point I'm trying to make here or anything but I just feel really sorry for the guy. 

Just watched a clip where a reporter confronted Carlo about it and basically said he was out of order for saying the whole stadium was racist. Unbelievable.

A midweek round of fixtures this week, with three games tonight, five on Wednesday and two on Thursday.

In the two earlier fixtures today, Celta drew 1-1 with Girona and Real Sociedad beat Almeria 1-0, which has La Real all but confirmed for the Champions League next season.

There could be a big surprise in the late game, as Real Valladolid are leading Barcelona 2-0 at HT.

Tomorrow, already-relegated Elche host Sevilla, Real Madrid host Rayo Vallecano, Real Betis are at home to Getafe and Atlético Madrid are away to Espanyol.

Some spicy games in the battle to avoid the drop during this game week, especially if Valladolid hold on against Barcelona.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An exciting end to the end of extra time between levante&alaves

0-0 on the night,1-1 on aggregate,it would have been enough for levante to go up as they finished higher in the regular season&as a result they were indulging in roma-esque time wasting skulduggery.however there was a last gasp penalty for alaves which was coolley slotted home by villalibre who'd done nothing else all night.i was quite glad of this because I don't think levante would have been much fun to watch next season on this basis

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's taken its time and it is indeed laughable but there's a part of me that is happy to see no time limit on punishment.

Indeed,we would really need to know the background before accusing la liga as being as incompetent as our own beloved SFA

Has this not been dealt with due to la liga can't be arsed incompetence or have getafe been indulging in legalistic heel dragging&shitehousery since the offence?

• 1 month later...

Horrific refereeing decision awarding Getafe a foul for hand ball when it should have been a Barca penalty.  Good to see it’s not only Scottish refs who can look at VAR footage and still make a total c**t of it!

Surprised to see Deco appointed as sporting director of Barcelona.

The consensus was that both he and Ronaldinho were edged out of the club because of the their negative off-field influence on Messi.