Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

It'll hold 322 less seats than Easter Road - truly something for Hibs fans to hold over us.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

It'll hold 31,767 less than Queen's Park's ground as well. bQshDtu.png

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Easter Road has traditionally always had a bigger capacity than Tynecastle due to having a larger footprint.

seething.gif

I imagine Paulo would combust if Aberdeen and Hibs had bigger stadiums than Hearts tbh, it's fortunate that Tynecastles getting expanded to the size it is.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine Paulo would combust if Aberdeen and Hibs had bigger stadiums than Hearts tbh, it's fortunate that Tynecastles getting expanded to the size it is.

They already do you absolute slaver. :lol:

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The old bubble cars for the disabled that used to sit around the perimeter of the pitch of many grounds in the 60's & 70's seen here at a Celtic v Arbroath match from 1972

FB_IMG_1486144499139.jpg

Surprised Celtic didn't stick them in the car park and call them 'restricted view'...

Just discovered this thread as I don't usually bother with this league, but it's interesting. Elgin City used to have a WW2 pillbox behind one of the goals, but they had to remove it once they got into the Scottish League. Couldn't find any pictures of it unfortunately. Did it's job tho as the Germans never captured Borough Briggs.

The old bubble cars for the disabled that used to sit around the perimeter of the pitch of many grounds in the 60's & 70's seen here at a Celtic v Arbroath match from 1972
[mention=14721]1320Lichtie[/mention] would have supported that day 

Most mental I've ever went at a game in my life was when Arbroath equalised a few years ago

Any excuse to post this

3 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Just discovered this thread as I don't usually bother with this league, but it's interesting. Elgin City used to have a WW2 pillbox behind one of the goals, but they had to remove it once they got into the Scottish League. Couldn't find any pictures of it unfortunately. Did it's job tho as the Germans never captured Borough Briggs.

Apparently they saw it but just assumed the Luftwaffe had bombed it into oblivion.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jesus.

It's like the thing with Father Ted and Dougall.

"These are small and these are far away".

Aye alright, calm doon!!!

Was having a look through my pics and thought it looked pretty cool that I managed to capture it like that,