Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just so happens i have a couple of these bad boys in the office:

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6629.JPG

oh the memories are flooding back now, i am sure i had 86/87 one that showed the previous seasons  tables , always remember forfar being  2 points away from promotion to the prem and raith rovers below arbroath and alloa  on about  the yo yo tag between divisions

Edited by gruppenfuhrer

On 2016-9-5 at 07:32, CityDave said:

Forfar are also one of the few clubs in the SPFL that still has someone at the top of the steps up to the Main Stand who charges an extra couple of quid to sit up there. Most clubs including many non league that allow free movement around their ground still do this. Alloa did as well, not sure about Berwick Rangers or Annan. At Ayr Utd another club who has terracing in front of their Main Stand. I paid to sit in the stand at the entrance/turnstile and then watched the first half of the match then watched the rest of the game from behind the goal at the away shed. Can't remember if there was someone on the steps with a role of tickets and a biscuit tin.

arbroath charged  £1/2 more not sure, guy stood at top of the stairs taking the extra cash, to sit in the main stand about 15 years ago dont know if they still do this

I started from the red covered issue you have. 

And thanks to ebay i managed to source the previous ones to complete my collection. 

The one sponsored by b and q with the biege cover. Had issues with pages coming out as i had two pals had the same. 

I wonder what the complete collection is worth 

I wish they were still on go i think there is still folk would buy it.

The issues from 85 had wallchart fill in fixtures for a few years

Edited by Willie adie

I used to buy the Rothman's Football Yearbook - think it's sponsored by Sky these days. As always with these things though Scottish football was the poor relation, hence the need for the Clydesdale book above.

Rothman's.jpg

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Besides their insistence on offering Forthbank as a possible answer, this is good. (22 out of 23!)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/quiz-name-the-scottish-football-grounds-1-4446188

21 out of 23.

Decent, got the Third Lanark and Powderhall questions wrong as before my time and never been there.

On 28 August 2016 at 09:06, JockysJetpack said:

Always thought it was odd that Dumbartons stadium doesn't face the Rock, given that it's the best thing to see in Dumbarton...

There's only one Roch and that's the Candy.

On 28 August 2016 at 17:00, CityDave said:

View from the 'sweet spot' at Central Park. When I say sweet spot. for myself this was as good a view as I could get.

Football travels March 08 to May 08 009.jpg

Football travels March 08 to May 08 044.jpg

Football travels March 08 to May 08 025.jpg

Hard to believe they were once in the top league when i went there nearly 50 years ago.

On 28 August 2016 at 22:08, TheCelt67 said:

Celtic Park's record attendance for a Celtic game is up for debate.  Some sources have it as 92,000 for Celtic vs Rangers, some have it as 88,500 and some have it 83,500.  The Scottish Cup Final between Kilmarnock and Albion Rovers is listed as 95,000 which would be the stadiums record.

I am sure Queen's Park's record attendance was against Rangers and not Celtic.

My old man was at the game in 1938.

First he heard it was a record crowd was about three decades later.