Celtic v Rangers

3 minutes ago, scottxs said:

Just play the next Celtic v rangers game behind closed doors. After all if the only talking point of the game was the fans behaviour on both sides rather than the game itself then take the game away from them. Then and only then will these childish muppets think about growing up. I know there is idiots at the very club but those 2 teams contain the most. I know your punishing innocent fans.

I'm quite keen on, rather than a criminal act like OBAF, the SNP to start making media noises along the lines of "seeking consultation from Uefa on a way to force our domestic authorities to start taking far stricter action against clubs who aren't doing enough to stop their fans from bringing Scottish Football, and by extension Scottish society, into disrepute". Uefa may not like government intervention in football but I suspect that's more relating to governments forcing football authorities to appoint certain people or the like, rather than a government wanting to clamp down on bigotry/sectarianism/in-house corruption.

Strict liabilitiy, points deductions, fines, enforcing closed doors matches - get the authorities to actually start fucking enforcing appropriate, proportional punishments when, say, minutes silences can't be respectfully observed or severe stadium damage in away ends is caused while belting out some charming ditty's about ******s, rather than handwaving it away or trying to brush it off as a teeny tiny minority every time and it'll stop eventually. It's no coincidence that UEFA dish out fines regularly to Celtic for their fans not being able to be trusted to act like responsible adults.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Hypothetical situation: Suppose a Rangers player admitted he was scared of flying. At the game many Celtic supporters bring in some balsa-wood gliders and throw them on the pitch. Given their recent pro-Muslim demonstrations (the Palestinian flags) some people accuse them of celebrating the 9/11 attacks - the fifteenth anniversary was the day after the game. The supporters deny this and say it was aimed at the Rangers player.

Would you believe them?

They've got previous for that, just saying...

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

So it seems a "club spokesman" has issued a statement as well (along with Club 1690).

"The club's directors are fully aware of the disgust felt by Rangers supporters who were subjected to a sickening and shameful display of outright sectarian hatred towards them.

"We also share the fans' anger and will be contacting Club 1872 as a matter of urgency." 

l0K4c8bZHJzDCmg6Y.gif

Wow.  As much as I hate the term, there can't be a statement ever in history which is more pot/kettley than this one.

The poor lambs.

They truly are a shambles of a football club, on and off the park. The farcical statement they released after the cup final condoning their own fans violence against celebrating Hibs fans was really just the beginning. Since then they have actively promoted pictures on their social media of Rangers players posing with a sectarian flute band on the day the same band celebrated the life of a UVF murderer and now they are pandering to lunatics in their own support by attacking Celtic. We've not seen such irresponsible behaviour from within a football club since Souness encouraged his players  to join in with renditions of the Billy Boys and FTP and the Vatican add ons. At least then the Rangers communications team had the good sense to pressure the BBC to sit on the footage. I wonder who is responsible for their press because you wouldn't get those type of statements through any public relations office in any other public or private organisation. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that in the face of their obvious inferiority to other clubs in the league they have had to fall back on what sustained the club who's place they took in the Scottish Football League - sectarianism and playing on the hatred of a select few in the West of Scotland and North of Ireland. 

I don't understand why Rangers have released another laughable statement citing 'sectarian hatred' when there's a video going about of their fans smashing up the Celtic toilets and singing about '****** b*****ds'. Celtic will just release another in retaliation and it'll become a stupid tit for tat. 

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

I don't understand why Rangers have released another laughable statement citing 'sectarian hatred' when there's a video going about of their fans smashing up the Celtic toilets and singing about '****** b*****ds'. Celtic will just release another in retaliation and it'll become a stupid tit for tat. 

They've actually come out and said they're not getting involved in a tit for tat.

They truly are a shambles of a football club, on and off the park. The farcical statement they released after the cup final condoning their own fans violence against celebrating Hibs fans was really just the beginning. Since then they have actively promoted pictures on their social media of Rangers players posing with a sectarian flute band on the day the same band celebrated the life of a UVF murderer and now they are pandering to lunatics in their own support by attacking Celtic. We've not seen such irresponsible behaviour from within a football club since Souness encouraged his players  to join in with renditions of the Billy Boys and FTP and the Vatican add ons. At least then the Rangers communications team had the good sense to pressure the BBC to sit on the footage. I wonder who is responsible for their press because you wouldn't get those type of statements through any public relations office in any other public or private organisation. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that in the face of their obvious inferiority to other clubs in the league they have had to fall back on what sustained the club who's place they took in the Scottish Football League - sectarianism and playing on the hatred of a select few in the West of Scotland and North of Ireland. 

You're about as much of a dribbling OF fan as any Rangers fan mate

I'm positive that this was an alternative narrative to the game, Hugh Keevin's just announced " decent Glaswegian fans to campaign for decency" rather than talk about how rubbish Warburton and his signings are.

It been that at Ibrox since that fat slug Traynor got involved

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're about as much of a dribbling OF fan as any Rangers fan mate

I'm offering my personal opinion though, not speaking on behalf of an institution that dates back to 2012 with shareholders and season ticket holders. 

PS: No such thing as the OF anymore. 

Archived