Aberdeen v ICTFC

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the days I used to mock Aberdeen for having Richie Byrne. Then we signed him for some unknown reason. A dark day in my life.

I remember this. Craig Brewster panic bought him for no other reason than they were pals. Never played a first team game for us and punted off to Perth on loan if I remember right. He was on the bench the day we went down though I think.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Barrowman from a Tokely cross. First game of the 2008/09 season. We added a second when Roy McBain scored a worldie in the 2nd half.

Correct and for a short time we were top of the league for the first time in our short history. That was about as good as it got for us that season and the only real contribution from Barrowman in his entire career with us.

That was a fucking brilliant game, first time we ever beat Aberdeen IIRC.

I remember leaving the game thinking, this was going to be a magnificent season and Barrowman was going to be a class act in the SPL.  This did not quite work out.

On 29/08/2016 at 20:31, CityDave said:

One from the archive.

When was this?

Who just scored?

Aberdeen v Inverness CT.jpg

Interesting photo...giving the benefit of doubt to ICT that the person taking the photo was one of theirs, it means they had five fans in attendance.

Actually upon reflection, that probably seems about right.

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Interesting photo...giving the benefit of doubt to ICT that the person taking the photo was one of theirs, it means they had five fans in attendance.

This is too much banter to handle at this time of day.

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

It also means ICT won with 6.5 players to Aberdeen's 10.

Gonna be a really tough match but if we play as well as last weekend then we have a good chance.

I'd line up like this:

OFW

McKay Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Vigurs

King Cole Mulraney

Fisher

Subs: Mackay (gk), Horner, Brown, Doran, Tansey, Doumbouya and Boden.

19 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Gonna be a really tough match but if we play as well as last weekend then we have a good chance.

I'd line up like this:

OFW

McKay Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Vigurs

King Cole Mulraney

Fisher

Subs: Mackay (gk), Horner, Brown, Doran, Tansey, Doumbouya and Boden.

I don't want to be too harsh but making 3 changes from a winning side is probably a bit much. Jason Brown is at Arbroath on loan

I would keep the continuity of the back four certainly and against Aberdeen we would certainly need to match up in the midfield rather than go overkill on wide players so Tansey, Draper and Polworth should start. Probably Vigurs and King as well. Not sure about up top, Fisher very likely.

41 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Dropping Horner after last week is madness. Tansey needs to stay on as well despite not being at his best lately and no Polworth at all? Nonsense.

And putting Draper back into a deeper midfield position after his strong showings further forward? :lol:

Archived