Aberdeen v ICTFC

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see the atmosphere for the North Derby is building up nicely.

Do Aberdeen have Cash gates or do I have to buy a ticket beforehand?

The Dons did away with cash gates for home fans a while back (idiocy IMO). Not sure about away fans - I'm guessing not. Better check with one of the clubs.

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Should be alright in that case since there isn't much as stake in this game.

Checked latest league table, ICT are bottom and the Dons are a massive 2 points ahead of us. Think that is a huge incentive for Inverness to win this game!

13 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

Ken, we should have at least won a league and cup double IMO.

Embarrassing you lot didn't win the league last season to be fair. 

Frightening thinking it'll probably be your only realistic chance for another 20 odd years. 

2 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I take it you mean in the cups then. 

And the league last season. 

Can't believe we won it thinking back. Deila was ridiculously bad. 

Embarrassing you lot didn't win the league last season to be fair. 

lol, Celtic only lost 4 games all season, 2 of which were against us, hardly embarrassing.

Frightening thinking it'll probably be your only realistic chance for another 20 odd years. 

Sadly that's probably true.

44 minutes ago, Asap said:

And the league last season. 

Can't believe we won it thinking back. Deila was ridiculously bad. 

Yea people say this but you still had the better team.

Played 4 won 2 lost 2 v each other but you lost once to the other teams before you clinched it. Ridiculously consistent. Even under Deila. 

15 minutes ago, Girth said:

Do Aberdeen have a derby!?

I know they particularly despise The Grunters but everyone does.

No. One City. One Club.

We have a particular rivalry with Real Madrid though, as we are the last  team to beat them in a major European final.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Excited to have Hayes fit and Maddison almost certainly getting a start. Fingers crossed for a solid, confidence boosting home demolition of ICT.

Jonny Hayes, one of the best I have seen in the Red & Blue of Inverness. Hopefully return home to us sometime soon.

Not too sure what I would prefer line-up wise with Reynolds and Jack both unavailable. Shinnie has generally been very good in midfield and has the makings of an excellent partner for Jack, but moving him to left-back could offer us an alternative attacking outlet that Considine usually can't match from that position. I think it's unlikely that McInnes will drop McLean, but Maddison's arrival and Jack's absence probably make it more likely that he will play deeper more permanently in the short-term. I could see the logic in having O'Connor in midfield, helping to nullify Tansey and especially Draper more effectively than we did last season. If Shinnie is at left-back, Considine can slot into left-sided centre-back beside Taylor. They have played together multiple times in the recent past, so McInnes might be attracted to this as the most risk-free option available. 

In preparation for this game, I had a sausage roll from Harry Gow in Inverness earlier today. Tremendous bakery. Would recommend. 

Archived