Partick v St Johnstone 10th September 2016

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutless performance, defensively a joke. Players looked dead on their feet after barely an hour. St Johnstone barely out of second gear. If we play like that much more often we are finishing dead last in this league.

Cerny's injury a direct result of the frailties of our centre half pairing. He should never have had to come for it in the first place. Lindsay caught napping. Devine's positional awareness and general laziness on the ball in the first half especially could and should have been more exposed.

Booth got done a riddy several times and this time didn't have the excuse that he was up against a Scotland squad right-back. Gordon's decision-making especially at throw-ins was bizarre, often directly exposing Devine to danger in his own half.

Osman was anonymous. Welsh was doing his usual forgetting the opposition try to take the ball off you routine. Erskine was anonymous, Lawless was too easily muscled out the game. Azeez seemed to cause problems until he had to be subbed, one assumes for an injury. Doolan was marked out the game far too easily.

The one bright spot for me was that Edwards had a good game when he came on, coming closest to actually troubling the keeper all game. He tracked back deep but importantly actually ran at them when he had the ball.

Scully didn't seem to make any obvious howlers defensively but his distribution was poor. Amoo was anonymous when he came on. By the third sub you really felt the shape of the team had totally disintegrated beyond the standard back 4.

Disappointed in the context of this game not to see Barton get any game time. We were outmuscled and second to most balls against a seriously mediocre team.

ETA: the marking for the first goal was *shocking* but it was very well taken from that tight angle.

Also Ziggy Gordon MOTM? Match sponsors clearly have a sense of humour. The boy has flattered to deceive from all I've seen of him this season. His decision making is poor, he lacks the pace and attacking threat of O'Donnell or Muzzy, he gets turned frequently and he doesn't offer much cover for his centre-back. Garry Miller was better at that.

I'm guessing Azeez was injured? Only one I was remotely impressed with. My first game of the season.

Back four were horrendous. All looked like absolute ham and eggers. Why on earth did we throw a long term deal at that diddy Devine and let Seaborne leave so easily? Again like last year, absolutely unimpressed with every midfielder we had outwith Osman and he was as shit as everyone else today. Barton has to start next week and hopefully Welsh is loaned to Gala Fairydean or something until the end of his deal. I think the last time I seen Welsh play well McNamara was still here. Bad news about Cerny too. Scully sucks.

I'm not angry. Just very,  very disappointed...

Fair play to the 335 Saintees fans who made the effort to support their club.

They didn't really get out of second gear. 

Avoidable goals again but we created f**k all so fair fucks to St Johnstone. Looked a lot better than last season against us and a nice finish by Maclean for the second.

Did what we had to do and pretty comfortable in the end.

Thats the poorest I've seen Thistle against us for a few seasons.  Was a bit concerned about our starting midfield, but to be fair both Millar and Paton played well. Ando excellent. Foster good. Swanson good first half but seemed to struggle second half, possibly injured?  Good game from Maclean, and maybe the best goal I've seen him score.

Interviewer on radio asking Tommy Wright about the last time Anderson and Maclean both scored in a 2-0 win in Glasgow. :thumsup2

Archived