Slovakia v Scotland

callum-ayr

There was a moment on Saturday where a Lithuania player strolled past Burke and he just gave up and walked back as the Lithuania player ran into the box. Stinking attitude. Taking to Twitter to make it all about him when he was rightfully dropped for doing nothing in two games against poor sides has further convinced me the boy is a bit of a fud. His stupid haircut is the icing on the cake.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tommy Nooka said:

The folk blaming Tierney for the goal want to get their eyes checked, he stuck with his man who made a run towards the near post and no midfielder went with Hamsik, I think it wads Fletcher that lost him.

It was a disaster all around. We had 9 players in the box but no one knew what to do.

Maybe Tierney should have passed his man on, maybe Snodgrass should have seen the free player, maybe Fletcher could have tracked better. The point is no one had a clue what to do which lead to five players standing on the goal line. That is something that should be worked on during training.

If Strachan had kept the same back 4 it might have been less chaotic, maybe.

Just now, Twinkle said:

Judging by that interview snippet, resigning hasnt even crossed his mind. In fact due to his arrogance, i reckon he will see it out til hes sacked

As I said yesterday if we got something tonight nothing would have changed; having lost he'll go on to the end of the year minimum. He'll want the Wembley tie; if we get a result he's a hero again; and his "blueprint" needs finishing.

As soon as we went 1-0 down tonight, there was absolutely not a snowball's chance in hell we were winning that.  Slovakia were ruthless without having to do a great deal, while we - particularly at the start of the second half - seemed content to string sideways passes across our own half of the field, much like we were doing at times on Saturday.

While the opening goal can be debated from a point of view that we should have had a free kick (referee was atrocious although obviously not an influence on the result) we were pathetic in defence, devoid of ideas in midfield until McGinn came on and left Fletcher exposed until Griffiths came on (and did well).

People need to stop being concerned about who or where a player is plying his trade. McGinn showed an appetite to improve things and, compared to D Fletcher and McArthur, actually play some forward f'ing passes.  And for me, Ikechi Anya would never be out my team, as he possesses a pace that scares teams and can get in behind defences when, like Saturday, they are camped in their own half.

I don't think it's just Strachan to blame here - we really need a complete root and branch clear out.  Get the likes of Regan and Doncaster out, and bring in a completely transparent system that is fluid from the youth teams through.  The fact McGhee pointed out there is little interest paid in the u21s is worrying, as is the fact we seem to be keen on implementing new ideas, yet punting folk as soon as they start to come to fruitiion (Wotte and McClair had clear mandates yet either left or decided working with clowns like Regan was a bad idea)

It's really depressing to watch at times, and I fear next month we will suffer a complete drubbing.  Although, knowing us we'll end up putting up a really good show and get a positive result when the damage has already been done

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

If i'm being honest i think we miss Scott Brown. Fletcher just isn't good enough to play 90 minutes and not make stupid errors, and Mcarthur always looks extremely nervous to me when he pulls on a Scotland shirt. He's not a new member of the squad anymore and his mentality to play international football has to be questioned, but unfortunately he's the best we have in that position now.

Snodgrass and Ritchie are practically the same player and i found it completely astounding that Strachan decided to play them both in the same game. He's ended up shoehorning Ritchie into the team, and moving Snodgrass out of position and left us completely one dimensional. At our best last campaign we always had a technical player on one wing and a pacey player on the other, so i don't see why he changed that. 

Steven Fletcher is a very useful striker to hold up the ball and bring others in to play, but when the three players behind him are Bannan, Mcarthur and Darren Fletcher then is there much point in playing a striker who holds the ball up. Someone like Griffiths who could stretch the play and allow good passers like Bannan and Fletcher to play balls in behind the Slovakia defence would surely have left us looking a lot less toothless up front.

I thought Davie Provan was awfully lenient on Paterson as well. Yes he was left 2 on 1 on many occasions but his management of those situations continually seemed to be neither to close the man with the ball down or be anywhere near the vicinity of the second player when the ball arrived at his feet, meaning they had the freedom of our right hand side. 

The only positive for me is that Strachan played Tierney, who while i don't think his distribution is good enough to make it at a much higher level yet, continually improves and impresses and could easily become Scotland's best fullback in decades if he continues to impress. I'm a fan of Robertson too, but i think Tierney is slightly better defensively and i'd have him on the teamsheet every match from now on.

Oh FFS, we miss Scott fucking Brown and Tierney should start every game. You're worse than Strachan.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Oh FFS, we miss Scott fucking Brown and Tierney should start every game. You're worse than Strachan.

Brown is better than the players who have replaced him and Tierney is our best left back. It's hardly rocket science. I'm not calling either of them a modern day Claude Makelele or Paolo Maldini.

There was a moment on Saturday where a Lithuania player strolled past Burke and he just gave up and walked back as the Lithuania player ran into the box. Stinking attitude. Taking to Twitter to make it all about him when he was rightfully dropped for doing nothing in two games against poor sides has further convinced me the boy is a bit of a fud. His stupid haircut is the icing on the cake.

Utter pish. Rightfully dropped from squad when 2 keepers and an injured lb were on it?? Behave. Read his interview in guardian at the weekend the kid is more mature than the mgr. If your looking for a fud look at wgs saying we need experience as an excuse for binning our most positive player whilst giving a debut to Tierney n giving Mcginn his 2nd cap. Our inexperienced players are better than the failures wgs keeps punting out.

Eta not slagging Tierney or Mcginn just wgs bullshit excuses. (Surely either Tierney or Robertson can play rb??)

Utter pish. Rightfully dropped from squad when 2 keepers and an injured lb were on it?? Behave. Read his interview in guardian at the weekend the kid is more mature than the mgr. If your looking for a fud look at wgs saying we need experience as an excuse for binning our most positive player whilst giving a debut to Tierney n giving Mcginn his 2nd cap. Our inexperienced players are better than the failures wgs keeps punting out.

What did he say on twitter?

Archived