Slovakia v Scotland

callum-ayr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clown college defending tonight. Look so unlikely to take anything from any other game, Malta excepted, on this form and with this side. Fresh ideas needed, Strachan needs booted. 

Just now, The OP said:

f**k man, we all forgot that time Kieran Tierney didn't look good against the greatest front 3 ever assembled.

While I agree that he shouldn't be judged on that, judging him on games against Dougie Imrie are hardly worthy of the claims on here either.

We got bent over by a bang average Slovak team who couldn't believe their luck and grew in confidence with each passing minute.

No, you came up against a better Slovak team that always operates on the counter attack. Which led to them doing you for the first goal. That goal allowed them to carry out the rest of their gameplan from a commanding position and so they picked you off at will.

That's not an issue of confidence, just having a competent game plan. Which Scotland didn't have and have rarely had for years. 'Keeping possession' by passing the ball at an utterly ponderous pace achieves nothing, but seems to be in vogue for the national side and club sides in European competition.

Your at it. I rate Robertson highly but to say tierney is a tier below him is a bit strong. Tierneys been a consistent performer for Celtic over the last 2 years , Robertson has been hot and cold for hull over the same period. 2 great prospects but IMO tierney is head and shoulders above Robertson defensively and I want my full backs to be able to defend first and foremost.

We conceded 3 tonight when Tierney was part of the defence against a bang average side. Celtic conceded 7 with Tierney against barca. Just enough. Robertson is a country mile ahead of Tierney. Christ even a Gibraltar side scored against that Celtic defence. Plumbers n taxi drivers.

Scotland fans, and in particular our football media and pundits, always cling to hope no matter how unlikely... We've drawn at home to Lithuania and been pumped in Slovakia but the solution is now winning away to England...

Noticed this aswell. Before the Lithuania game it was rightly dubbed a must win.

Then we didn't win that and the Tartan Army said that's ok, just means it's must win in Slovakia.

Then we get a good hosing there and the deluded rhetoric turns to... that just means Wembley is a must win.

[emoji28][emoji29]

I wonder how long it's going to take after we lose at Wembley for someone (likely Neil McCann in the studio after the game) to say 'Well, we've got Slovenia at home in March, that's really a must win now'.

Please tell me the conversation hasn't fallen so low to slate Tierney's defensive ability based on a game in the Nou Camp against Barcelona.

Hull have already conceded 4 and 5 against Liverpool and Arsenal for the record this season and they'll be on the end of a few more poundings, not that those will be Robertson's fault.

I can't believe people are arguing over which of Robertson and Tierney is better when both are fine.

We should be talking about which central defenders can come in instead of the travesty that is Martin and Hanley or which of Fletcher (S) and Martin ( C.) is the most useless.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

I can't believe people are arguing over which of Robertson and Tierney is better when both are fine.

We should be talking about which central defenders can come in instead of the travesty that is Martin and Hanley or which of Fletcher (S) and Martin ( C.) is the most useless.

We should just play Tierney in the centre of defence, since hes so strong defensively.

In hindsight thats exactly what Wales have done.

Paterson - Martin - CB - Tierney - Robertson

Probably would be worth looking at.

Archived