Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

8 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Rob, that's no the point I was trying tae make.
ANY Scottish government will have one hand tied behind its back.
Do you agree?

I cannae mind who it was but someone on P&B made an excellent analogy.
You hand your neighbour your wages at the end of the month and he decides how much you get back tae live on.
Is that acceptable to you?

55 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No offence Willie, but that's your view as a separatist, I don't see it that way at all.
Rather more a family who stick all their wages into a pot at the end of the month, then split it up according to the needs of each member of the household. This may change from one 'month' to the next, but the key is to try and make sure there's always enough in the pot as a contingency. It's not a perfect system, but generally it works ok.

But any Scottish Government whether it be Tory, Labour or SNP will have one hand tied behind their back.
Do you agree?

Rather more a family who stick all their wages into a pot at the end of the month, then split it up according to the needs of each member of the household.
The problem with that is your cousin next door has a family 9 times bigger than your family so logic says his family will make the decision how the wages are distributed.
And you've got tae like it or lump it.
Do you agree?

Edited by Wee Willie

56 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

No offence Willie, but that's your view as a separatist, I don't see it that way at all.
Rather more a family who stick all their wages into a pot at the end of the month, then split it up according to the needs of each member of the household. This may change from one 'month' to the next, but the key is to try and make sure there's always enough in the pot as a contingency. It's not a perfect system, but generally it works ok.

From each according to their abilitiy and to each according to their needs?

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

1409161256094_wps_1_vlcsnap_2014_08_27_18h13m.jpg

Aye, the European Central Bank can seem a bit harsh sometimes but they have to think of all the members of the family.

Aye, the European Central Bank can seem a bit harsh sometimes but they have to think of all the members of the family.

Agreed WB, why not help where we can to raise living standards across the continent, to the benefit of all Europeans, surely there's a longer term pay off? sadly June 23rd last year changed any possibility of that.

But any Scottish Government whether it be Tory, Labour or SNP will have one hand tied behind their back.
Do you agree?
Rather more a family who stick all their wages into a pot at the end of the month, then split it up according to the needs of each member of the household.
The problem with that is your cousin next door has a family 9 times bigger than your family so logic says his family will make the decision how the wages are distributed.
And you've got tae like it or lump it.
Do you agree?

Sorry I don't agree with that comparison Willie, my family live in the same house, it has many rooms.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Sorry I don't agree with that comparison Willie, my family live in the same house, it has many rooms.

Rob that's a poor answer.
You're determined no tae answer my questions aren't ye.

C'mon Rob we're talking about Scotland and England in that analogy (fine ye ken).
So the cousin next door is England and has 9x the population you (Scotland) has.
Who will make the decision as to how the wages are distributed ?

Sorry my answer doesn't meet your expectations Willie, but the crux of it, is that your view is borne from a separatist standpoint, mine isn't. We are the UK as a whole.

You should never let anyone else control your wages. Everyone should pay their dig money into a central pot and then you keep the rest. That stops the family arguments over who funds mum and dads after dinner bottles of wine and why you are only allowed £10 of your wages back as pocket money. [emoji6]

"In ma Da's hoose there's hunners o' big hooses: un still there's nae an empty bog when yer touching cloth."
(King James Bible - Weegie edition)

Very good, yon lass above has an uncanny look of one of our neighbours, I had to do a double take, and thought jeez wtf is she doing on P&B? Even weirder that she kinda pulls that face too!![emoji47]