Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/24/michael-bloomberg-brexit-is-stupidest-thing-any-country-has-done-besides-trump

Although he says something strange if he actually believes that the EU is a good thing in general.

But what they are doing is not good and there is no easy way to get out of it because if they don’t pay a penalty, everyone else would drop out. So they can’t get as good of a deal as they had before.”

So if it wasn't for the 'penalty' to be paid for leaving the EU, everyone would want out? Surely everyone stays in because it's a good thing for their economy and the people of Europe in general, not because they at afraid of a fine for leaving.

25 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/24/michael-bloomberg-brexit-is-stupidest-thing-any-country-has-done-besides-trump

Although he says something strange if he actually believes that the EU is a good thing in general.

So if it wasn't for the 'penalty' to be paid for leaving the EU, everyone would want out? Surely everyone stays in because it's a good thing for their economy and the people of Europe in general, not because they at afraid of a fine for leaving.

Think he means that if you could get all the benefits of the EU without the responsibilities, who would want to be a member?

So inflation is 3% and rising.

Has everyone had a raise to keep in line with inflation?

Don't think that's how it works, Chief. I haven't had a 3% raise since 2010, just prior to the austerity years...which have led us to Brexit.

If Corbyn had asked for the names of university lecturers teaching things he didn't agree with, most of our major newspapers would have pictures of him on the front page mocked up as Stalin.

The great irony of the Daily Mail is that, despite their vehemently right-wing, defender of true Britishness identity, they'd absolutely love a Soviet style intellectual purge, or a bit of Sharia inspired hang 'em and flog 'em justice.

It does make me despair for us as a country. If I had a strong view about something that I have a vague interest in, but then find the vast majority of academic experts in that field disagree with me, I'd re-evaluate my position.

The Tory right and the press are basically a religious zealots when it comes brexit. Any heretics need to be publicly shamed and their work suppressed.

I for one am shocked that the majority of academics, who have actually studied and taught economics and politics for many years, think Brexit is a fucking terrible idea.

19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

DNA70nvXkAAzxiG.jpg