Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just watched Emily Maitlis comprehensively take this guy apart on Newsnight.  Fair play to her, and his shifty-eyed unease at the final question was telling.  What these people are embarked on should be the collctive focus of the UK media right now instead of wholly manufactured accusations of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/steve-baker-brexit-meetings-shanker-singham?utm_term=.cqDz3dvBo#.rpmln86pZ

32 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It really, really isn't.

I'm not getting the absolute contempt for places like Burnley.

Yes there are some racist folk but some of the arsey stuff bring projected on people is ridiculous.

I think it's just because one of the regular posters on here lives there so uses it as an example and it's been latched onto simply because it voted Brexit in larger numbers than the average for whatever reasons. Some possibly racist.

No different to how folk view all, farmers or all fishermen or all OAPs for the same reasons. 

And no different to me being told by Celtic fans that I voted No in indyref.

ETA. It's certainly not middle England though. I agree there. More the disenfranchised and forgotten north of England angrily hitting back at Westminster imo.

Edited by Suspect Device

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just watched Emily Maitlis comprehensively take this guy apart on Newsnight.  Fair play to her, and his shifty-eyed unease at the final question was telling.  What these people are embarked on should be the collctive focus of the UK media right now instead of wholly manufactured accusations of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/steve-baker-brexit-meetings-shanker-singham?utm_term=.cqDz3dvBo#.rpmln86pZ

Watched it just now on iplayer, about half way through the programme. Great promo for shifty boy though, if I was trying to flog chlorinated chicken my dollar cheque with loads of zeros would be in the post.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Project Fear moves up a gear.

BBC 1 o'clock news suggesting you might not be able to go to Benidorm next year.

I'd suggest that not going to Benidorm is one of the few benefits of Brexit tbh.

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I'd suggest that not going to Benidorm is one of the few benefits of Brexit tbh.

Indeed.

And I'd suggest that many of those who head for Benidorm year in, year out, would more than likely have voted to leave the EU.

Probably quite a lot from the Burnley area, too.

:)

Indeed.
And I'd suggest that many of those who head for Benidorm year in, year out, would more than likely have voted to leave the EU.
Probably quite a lot from the Burnley area, too.
[emoji4]

Riots at the airports next summer when they get told they’re only allowed to bring back 200 tabs and a litre of vodka. Nap.

24 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Does anyone, even Glen Minter, still believe this Brexit dividend shite that they keep pushing?

It's as logical as any irrational ideology so if you can believe in (say) libertarianism, I suppose it's still possible to believe in Brexit.

Going to be utter #scenes.

Lovely.

Might help to swell the coffers as they get charged 60 odd quid per extra carton on the way into the UK. Maybe we won’t be as fucked as we think. They probably won’t even have a blue passport by then to take the pain away as they hand over their credit card to the customs guy.

ETA: “I never voted for this.”

“Yes you fucking did, you dick.”