Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The EU are apparently going to issue a statement saying the WA can't be reopened. If that is the case then there's nowhere else to go as this deal has been rejected by a huge majority of the House.

Jeremy has a third way.

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A UK wide customs union would sort this but Tories are not going to go for that.

They might not have a choice, some Tories might to prevent a hard brexit. It's got the best chance of a house majority imo.

Edited by welshbairn

51 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

See this ERG; do they ever publish research findings or is it just a convenient label for a long line of extra-cunty Tories looking to channel funds into researching how they can f**k more people over while enriching themselves and their backers?

The "Research" part is inspired by the Information Research Department which was an anti Communist government department staffed with ultra right winger bangers set up in 1948. Eric Blair aka George Orwell grassed up as many leftists to them as he could before he croaked it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_Research_Department

Edited by Detournement

27 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
29 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Didn’t he do it an hour ago?

No idea tbh. Not following it on TV. Was aware he picked 7 to discuss but does this not narrow down for ones that are actually voted on?

Aye you're probably right actually.

On 28/01/2019 at 18:06, Ross Forbes said:

Brexiteers on BBC News just there talking about potential food shortages:

"A seasonal diet will probably do us good"

"I think it will make people appreciate what they have if we have to go without for a bit"

I heard that at the start but I didn't watch the programme, I thought I was imagining things

If a Hard Brexit leads to Gammons not getting their Statins and Hypertension mediciation and ending on their death beds I think it will be reasonable for people to go to their houses and shout “JUST GET ON WITH IT!”

It's over a day now since the food retailers issued their dire warning about fresh food availability in the evnt of a Hard Brexit.  In the welter of bluster and idiotic quotes which have followed, not once have I seen a connection being made about the hundreds of thousands of people who currently rely on food banks, and what would happen to them, never mind the rest of us, when everyone* is affected by this lunacy.

* Including the Royal Family, they're just like us you know.....

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

See this ERG; do they ever publish research findings or is it just a convenient label for a long line of extra-cunty Tories looking to channel funds into researching how they can f**k more people over while enriching themselves and their backers?

The deputy chair of the ERG sounds a bit dodgy. Apparently they're funded by the taxpayer from MP's "research allowance". Wouldn't be surprised if Mercer and the like from over the pond gave them a bit of egging on.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexitinc/adam-ramsay-peter-geoghegan/new-brexit-minister-arms-industry-american-hard-right-and-e

Edited by welshbairn