Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

14 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

The state of this.
What would a sexier scenario of not just looking after yourself look like?

Looking after myself, good one, fae Lochside and proud of it.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you are stand to lose 7 figures depending on who gets voted into power, then it stands to reason that you are incredibly wealthy. A multi millionaire can afford to lose the same % of money as I can to tax. That it runs into 4, 7 or 10 figures is completely irrelevant given that all it shows is that have that magnitude of earnings

Nah, if someone has a serious nest egg then Labour will be looking to take a larger chunk of it than the Tories.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

I've probably far more people in my circle who vote Tory than any other party, wouldn't dream of questioning their choice, it's easy to spout the left wing pish when it's not affecting you to the tune of 4,5 or 6 figures.

You really don't get it, do you ?

There are actually genuine people who are community spirited and would rather see everyone prosper to an extent, as opposed to a small minority skimming off as much as they can to the detriment of everyone else.

It doesn't make you a "lefty" or a "communist" etc to want a fairer society where those who can afford it should be paying a little more towards public services etc.

If it's "affecting you to the tune of 6 figures" then I'd say you are more than capable of taking the financial hit and it's this sense of entitlement that the rich shouldn't need to pay taxes that confirms we urgently need change in this country..........

Scottish Brexit police unit 'heavily deployed'

A team of more than 300 police officers set up to respond to incidents relating to Brexit has been "very heavily deployed" since it started last week, Police Scotland says.

The dedicated unit for Brexit-related emergencies has been busy dealing with protests and "increasing febrile" behaviour in the streets, according to Police Scotland deputy chief constable Will Kerr.

Fake News ????

Scottish Brexit police unit 'heavily deployed'

A team of more than 300 police officers set up to respond to incidents relating to Brexit has been "very heavily deployed" since it started last week, Police Scotland says.

The dedicated unit for Brexit-related emergencies has been busy dealing with protests and "increasing febrile" behaviour in the streets, according to Police Scotland deputy chief constable Will Kerr.

Fake News ????

My friends doing this, nothing they’ve been deployed to is brexit related.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That doesn't surprise me. Although this was mostly Edinburgh that they were referring, I do work in Glasgow and haven't come across anyone who appears in the slightest bit interested one way or another.

Similar to the reports of "people being attacked in the streets" and "Scotland a no go are for anyone English" during the Scottish Referendum.

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I heard they're getting deployed to florists on Sunday morning in case it gets a bit rowdy when they're selling out.

Watching Parliament. Some of these MPs are really thick. Tomorrow's motion is simply a tool for extending A50 to May 22th instead of in a fortnight, it has no other legal effect, something which most MPs apart from the ERG would welcome. Unless I'm totally wrong which is highly likely.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Watching Parliament. Some of these MPs are really thick. Tomorrow's motion is simply a tool for extending A50 to May 22th instead of in a fortnight, it has no other legal effect, something which most MPs apart from the ERG would welcome. Unless I'm totally wrong which is highly likely.

As far as I can gather the problem with it is that it completely fixes May 22nd as the leaving date, it would leave no provision to potentially extend again and hold European elections because it would mean that we'd agreed with the EU to leave on 22/5/2019 with that particular withdrawal agreement. The remain/soft Brexit types won't vote for this because they'd rather walk the tightrope for another few days in the hope of gaining a long extension to either move towards soft Brexit or some kind of electoral solution, than in effect accept May's deal when all they're really gaining out of it is an extra six weeks in the EU and peace of mind that no deal is off the table.

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

As far as I can gather the problem with it is that it completely fixes May 22nd as the leaving date, it would leave no provision to potentially extend again and hold European elections because it would mean that we'd agreed with the EU to leave on 22/5/2019 with that particular withdrawal agreement. The remain/soft Brexit types won't vote for this because they'd rather walk the tightrope for another few days in the hope of gaining a long extension to either move towards soft Brexit or some kind of electoral solution, than in effect accept May's deal when all they're really gaining out of it is an extra six weeks in the EU and peace of mind that no deal is off the table.

Just stated almost word for word by Benn junior. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Yeah it’s political chicanery; bunch of chancing b*****ds.  It will be voted down tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Is that right? So if this goes through then it's May's deal or no deal on 22/5/2019?

Don't think so. It is a fudge to get past the cut off date for the Euro elections, but doesn't rule out reaching another decision before April 12th, should it require going into the elections.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Don't think so. It is a fudge to get past the cut off date for the Euro elections, but doesn't rule out reaching another decision before April 12th, should it require going into the elections.

But it is however an excuse for May to kick the can down further. If we get past April 12th there is absolutely no provision to stay in or extend again, in which case May will just run the clock past that date to allow her to have a vote of her deal vs no deal.