Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

But it is however an excuse for May to kick the can down further. If we get past April 12th there is absolutely no provision to stay in or extend again, in which case May will just run the clock past that date to allow her to have a vote of her deal vs no deal.

There's nothing to stop a revocation after April 12th.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Pete Wishart whining about having to work on a Friday as he has to do a lot of travelling. SAD.

As misrepresentations go, that's a good one. It was part of a delivery pointing out the contempt with which he sees Tories having for Scotland. Oh aye, and pointing out they're expected to make critical decisions about the country in a blind Brexit and pointing out it's the last chance for government and he will be there to vote it down.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

As misrepresentations go, that's a good one. It was part of a delivery pointing out the contempt with which he sees Tories having for Scotland. Oh aye, and pointing out they're expected to make critical decisions about the country in a blind Brexit and pointing out it's the last chance for government and he will be there to vote it down.

Yes but cravens see things differently.

10 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It's the EU who made it a blind Brexit. They refused to negotiate the final trade deal until withdrawal had been settled. So only the financial settlement, protection for EU citizens here and Brits in Europe, and keeping an open border in Ireland have been agreed. In 3 years. The Political Declaration is non binding.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

You really don't get it, do you ?

There are actually genuine people who are community spirited and would rather see everyone prosper to an extent, as opposed to a small minority skimming off as much as they can to the detriment of everyone else.

It doesn't make you a "lefty" or a "communist" etc to want a fairer society where those who can afford it should be paying a little more towards public services etc.

If it's "affecting you to the tune of 6 figures" then I'd say you are more than capable of taking the financial hit and it's this sense of entitlement that the rich shouldn't need to pay taxes that confirms we urgently need change in this country..........

I never mentioned anyone skimming or not paying their way, a lot of people have far more than tax on earnings to consider when voting, they'll be using foodbanks if Jeremy and his pals ever get power.

I should just have given Bairnardo a wee pat on the back for his civic mindedness.

Tomorrow, say 20 Tories vote against, along with 10 DUP,  could it be made up with enough Lab MPs now voting for this time? Would only take around 25 to 30 out of 262 of them to get it over the line.

Obviously to come back from defeats of 230 and 149 looks impossible, but 'if' she now has the ERG on side with her plan to resign, and persuades enough Lab MP's in Leave constituencies, could it at least be a close call? It would mean a massive switch in Tory votes and there are probably still more than 20 of them firmly in the Remain camp, but with options starting to narrow towards a long extension, no deal or her deal, will they now go for it in order to move things onto the next stage? 

She would need around 50 of her own MPs to switch at this stage, but a fair few of those are ERG. Odds of 1/10 look like a cert, but the way the whole thing has gone so far...

Edited by Jedi

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

I saw that as well. I've done a number of day trips to London getting up at 0400 and getting home at 2200. I'll not have any sympathy for him.

That megabus must be a b*****d for you.  :(

15 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If I was clinging to my seat by about 12 votes I probably would think twice about saying stuff that could end up on a leaflet.

Him losing his seat would be a net positive for the SNP. 

I never mentioned anyone skimming or not paying their way, a lot of people have far more than tax on earnings to consider when voting, they'll be using foodbanks if Jeremy and his pals ever get power.

Aye cos every c**t’s shopping at waitrose currently aren’t they? You’re from fucking cowdenbeath, if anyone or any place has become a bigger shithole after tory governments ive yet to see it, yet here you are on p&b advocating for a little bit more. Either you’re an absolute simpleton or you’re some kind of poverty masochist.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye cos every c**t’s shopping at waitrose currently aren’t they? You’re from fucking cowdenbeath, if anyone or any place has become a bigger shithole after tory governments ive yet to see it, yet here you are on p&b advocating for a little bit more. Either you’re an absolute simpleton or you’re some kind of poverty masochist.

Where in Ayr is Cowdenbeath?

After the high farce of this  week, the EU should tell them to ram any further extension, no 'ifs no buts', reach an agreement of whatever kind now, or you are oot.

28 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Pete Wishart whining about having to work on a Friday as he has to do a lot of travelling. SAD.

I saw that as well. I've done a number of day trips to London getting up at 0400 and getting home at 2200. I'll not have any sympathy for him.

Wishart's point of order was that the late announcement of a Friday sitting means considerable taxpayer expense given the hundreds of flights and trains that must now be rearranged, not to mention the cancellation of MP surgeries which usually take place on a Friday.

38 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

If I was clinging to my seat by about 12 votes I probably would think twice about saying stuff that could end up on a leaflet.

21 votes and overall he made several cogent and sensible points. He did get a bit heated, mind.