Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Fear of a hard brexit? Also Labour don't have any quarrel with the Withdrawal Agreement, it's the Political Declaration they disagree with, which isn't being voted on. I'm not saying  they should vote for it btw, I'm a bit confused about the consequences tbh.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

More to the point, how much is a pint of lager in the Strangers Bar? And can you smoke anywhere in the building?

Cheap, as is the food, i'm constituency based now though so only in the bars every so often. The Sports and Social is an absolute dive.

Not to my knowledge, never seen anyone smoke indoors. You have the 'modern' part which is portcullis house, which is next door to Millbank where most of the SNP are holed up and then across the road you have the Palace of Westminster. Never seen anyone chuffing away in any of these places but i might give it a go. 

Edited by Londonwell

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fear of a hard brexit? Also Labour don't have any quarrel with the Withdrawal Agreement, it's the Political Declaration they disagree with, which isn't being voted on. I'm not saying  they should vote for it btw, I'm a bit confused about the consequences tbh.

Doesn't this make hard brexit more likely? If May steps down and the likes of Boris or Mogg gets in?

Edited by Jambomo

Just now, Jambomo said:

Doesn't this make Hard Brexit more likely? If May steps down and the likes of Boris or Mogg gets in?

Think this vote is just a procedural thing to extend the extension. The Withdrawal Bill will have to be voted on again along with the Political Declaration. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Think this vote is just a procedural thing to extend the extension. The Withdrawal Bill will have to be voted on again along with the Political Declaration. 

Ahh ok. cheers

34 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Twitter mainly but I work for an MP and he text me to say that is the chatter in the chamber. 

Fair enough.

Hopefully wholesale booting out of Labour MPs from the party; I wouldn’t even leave it to local deselection.

Rumours all around that enough Labour MP's are going to vote to get the WA through today. Let's wait and see what happens but big consequences if they do.
It's shocking that these self-preserving b*****ds are getting away unchallenged.

Either kick them out or deselect every one of them.

10 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Blackford still got nothing to say apart from pretending that indyref2 will happen.

If you could give us all a constructive argument as to why you believe independence would be so bad for Scotland then I'd be more than willing to listen, however making cheap snide comments doesn't really do it for me when there's nothing behind it to back it up.

By the same token it would also be interesting to read your arguments as to why Brexit would be so good for us all ??

Blackford still got nothing to say apart from pretending that indyref2 will happen.
Clearly you listened to the voices in your head instead of what was actually said.

Blackford said that the PM has "run down this clock, only to ignore the wishes of Parliament, the wishes of the people and engage in a game of blackmail and trickery to win support".

He adds: "It is an absolute outrage

"Those who go through the lobbies in support of the prime minister will be guilty of aiding and abetting the greatest act of self harm in the United Kingdom."'

He's absolutely right - this is a vote for political chicanery and boasting the ego of a useless Prime Minister.