Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, btb said:

I'm not shedding any tears but with "The Letter" (all 3 of them :rolleyes: ) and various Tory "rebels" indicating their intention to vote with the government on the Bill now I'd say the circumstances had changed.

The clock is ticking...

Nonsense.  And I mean that literally.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Nonsense.  And I mean that literally.

It was an amendment to the Bill that was passed on Saturday, subsequently BJs letter has gone to the EU requesting an extension to the leaving date and various Conservative MPs have indicated their intention to vote for the Bill itself now - but circumstances have clearly changed,

Like I said I'm not shedding any tears over the decision and I applaud your indignation towards BJ & JRM at the top of the page, it's all a bit academic anyhow as it's going to be rolled into the Bill the government put forward tomorrow.

Just now, btb said:

It was an amendment to the Bill that was passed on Saturday, subsequently BJs letter has gone to the EU requesting an extension to the leaving date and various Conservative MPs have indicated their intention to vote for the Bill itself now - but circumstances have clearly changed,

Like I said I'm not shedding any tears over the decision and I applaud your indignation towards BJ & JRM at the top of the page, it's all a bit academic anyhow as it's going to be rolled into the Bill the government put forward tomorrow.

The idea that because certain MPs had indicated that they would vote in a particular way is not a reason to overturn the second vote rule.  If that was a criterion it would negate the concept.

As for the letters, only one letter was relevant and that was sent albeit unsigned.  By the time of today’s ruling Bercow had known that the letter had been received by the EU27 and was being considered.

The fact that the PM had complied with his obligations under the law was not a determining factor.

It would have been a mockery for a motion to be introduced, debated and passed with an amendment and then introduced unamended at the next sitting. 

Bercow’s ruling was right and was consistent. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

He’s literally doing what he’s supposed to (and pissing off the right people in the process) 

More power to him.

He's finishing up at the end of this month.

PMQs and all Parliamentary business won't be quite the same anymore.  

He'll be badly missed.

As much as I like seeing Gammons getting a telling it's only delaying the inevitable.
Let's just get on with the vote, and Labour throwing everyone under the bus.

No criticism intended to yourself, but the notion that once Parliament passes this deal and the EU acknowledges the same that the UK then proceeds to the sunny uplands is utter fantasy.

The reality will be years if not decades of grinding negotiations accompanied by economic stasis and stagnation. At least we'll have Harry and Megan to cheer us up.

Great question from Tommy Sheridan flooring Gove.

I think one of the highest ranking, best Scottish politicians out there can handle a wee perma-tanned ned like Sheridan.

Shouldn’t he be down George Square setting up the next screening of Braveheart with Janey Godley or something.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Great question from Tommy Sheppard flooring Gove.

29 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

I think one of the highest ranking, best Scottish politicians out there can handle a wee perma-tanned ned like Sheridan.

Shouldn’t he be down George Square setting up the next screening of Braveheart with Janey Godley or something.

Whoops. Apologies to Sheppard for getting him mixed up with swinger boy.

Tories want to ram through legislation in three days.
Yeah let’s not give the Bill the scrutiny it deserves so we can meet Johnson’s timetable.

They’re giving the people what they want.

You’re average Englishman doesn’t care what’s in the bill. They want out the EU at any cost.

Just now, Cerberus said:

They’re giving the people what they want.

You’re average Englishman doesn’t care what’s in the bill. They want out the EU at any cost.

Yeah and Javid saying that there will be no economic assessment but MPs, including some Labour MPs, will vote for it.

How these c***s can betray the basic tenets of their politics is beyond belief.

If the Labour Party doesn’t bin them it will be to their eternal shame.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No criticism intended to yourself, but the notion that once Parliament passes this deal and the EU acknowledges the same that the UK then proceeds to the sunny uplands is utter fantasy.

The reality will be years if not decades of grinding negotiations accompanied by economic stasis and stagnation. At least we'll have Harry and Megan to cheer us up.

Stasis and stagnation? 

Always best to double up on one's pant-wetting and breek-pishing, eh?