Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I mean that it doesn’t matter whether Labour or SNP eviscerate the Tories in Scotland, as long as they get fucked. Neither is more or less likely to lead to a majority Tory government. Unless I’ve completely misunderstood your post?

I meant that it was right that Labour deserved to be eviscerated in Scotland in the forthcoming GE.  But I genuinely believe that in that GE the Tories will end up with a majority at Westminster.

That will be bad for the U.K. and for Scotland.

Think that's about right. Opposition MPs need to show some willingness to. The EU that a deal is possible to give the best chance of an extension, if there is to be one. 

Johnson has bottled it by not pulling the bill like he said he would. Perhaps it'll be found with him in a ditch somewhere in over a week's time. 

The Prime Minister who said we’re leaving on October 31st ‘do or die’, ‘no ifs or buts’ and he’d prefer to be ‘dead in a ditch’ than see an extension, pretty much said in the House of Commons that Brexit will not happen on October 31st.

I’m on BBC News and that small fact hasn’t been mentioned yet.

I meant that it was right that Labour deserved to be eviscerated in Scotland in the forthcoming GE.  But I genuinely believe that in that GE the Tories will end up with a majority at Westminster.
That will be bad for the U.K. and for Scotland.

Maybe using the word “but” was a mistake on your part then?

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can BJ really risk going for an election when he knows the Brexit party are not on board with his Withdrawal Agreement and will be running hard against him?

If he can't get a deal through he's got no choice. The Brexit Party were wanting an extension last week anyway! 

1 minute ago, Paco said:

The Prime Minister who said we’re leaving on October 31st ‘do or die’, ‘no ifs or buts’ and he’d prefer to be ‘dead in a ditch’ than see an extension, pretty much said in the House of Commons that Brexit will not happen on October 31st.

I’m on BBC News and that small fact hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Let's hope that, when the EU offer their inevitable extension for whatever period, and the £ takes a small but significant rise against the Euro/Dollar for the immediate period after,

de pfeffelll will get the opportunity to die in his ditch.  Unfortunately for him, his demise will be aided and abetted by the hedgefund hitmen who will be hired to do the deed following the losses of squillions from their "investment" in him and his promises to them.

There may indeed be a god after all, maybe.