Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've never been able to understand how rural and small town voters seem to have a disproportionate amount of say, both here and in the US.

You must have misunderstood, then. It's the other way round in the UK (no idea about USA). Inner city constituencies had become depopulated in the 70s and 80s leaving them over-represented compared to small town and semi-rural seats in the growing south of England. It took parliament and the boundaries commission until the last 20 years to recalibrate. It was obviously a bit of a political football because it was generally Labour seats that were disappearing and Tory seats that were being created.

I've already answered him, you dribbling racist fool. I have also extensively debated the benefits system and universal credit before, and absolutely owned him. There is little to gain by going over the same tedious ground again. 
If there's nothing else, feel free to crawl back under your rock. 
This.

No point in debating with puddle-drinkers.

I have always claimed there would not be a ‘No Deal’ Brexit.  That position did not take into account that there would be a GE prior to a definitive decision.

I am now convinced that if there is a Tory majority in the next Parliament then we will have a No Deal Brexit or, at least, a far harder Brexit than anything previously envisioned.

The purge in the Tory ranks means there will be hardly any Tory MPs who stand against this policy.  The lack of a similar purge in the Labour ranks mean there will be some who will help out Johnson if he needs the numbers.

It’s all pretty depressing.

46 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I can't understand why every time Farage appears on TV pedalling his "Clean Break" Brexit, no one ever asks him what that would mean for the Ireland/NI Ireland border. Presumably it would simply mean the tearing up of the GFA?

Keeps him in a job I guess, that's the way I look at it

20 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I wonder what Guy Fawkes would have to say about Brexit?

Pretty sure the bold Guy spent a lot of time traveling continental Europe while fighting for various causes. He'd definitely be pro EU. He'd probably also be pro Scottish independence, though perhaps a little more militant about the method of making it happen.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I can't understand why every time Farage appears on TV pedalling his "Clean Break" Brexit, no one ever asks him what that would mean for the Ireland/NI Ireland border. Presumably it would simply mean the tearing up of the GFA?

No one ever challenges him on anything. I heard him on the radio saying that May was offered a free trade deal and turned it down, therefore we could have a free trade deal if we wanted. Radio twat (possibly Vine) was too obsessed with whether he'd do a deal with Boris to point out the obvious half truth and consequent lie. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

No one ever challenges him on anything. I heard him on the radio saying that May was offered a free trade deal and turned it down, therefore we could have a free trade deal if we wanted. Radio twat (possibly Vine) was too obsessed with whether he'd do a deal with Boris to point out the obvious half truth and consequent lie. 

36 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Keeps him in a job I guess, that's the way I look at it

That's the answer.

Why give up that nice little EU Gravy Train he's enjoyed for so long?

The fact too, that he's not prepared to stand in the GE, suggests to me that he's quite happy to hold on to his position as EU heckler in chief. That's held him in good stead for many years.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

That’s how to do it. 

I should have said "no one in the Uk's mainstream media" 

I'm sure some probably intend to but he sprays lies so liberally that it's hard to keep up

At the moment his party has zero MPs.   After the election it is quite possible his party will still have zero MPs.

Yet on election night, he will probably be there talking about how Labour got it wrong, the Tories got it wrong and basically everybody got it wrong apart from his party who had a marvelous campaign but got the result everyone was expecting because it's all rigged against him anyway.

Yawn.

Edited by Fullerene

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Pretty sure the bold Guy spent a lot of time traveling continental Europe while fighting for various causes. He'd definitely be pro EU. He'd probably also be pro Scottish independence, though perhaps a little more militant about the method of making it happen.

He'd close down Brussels and Strasbourg and move it all to Rome.

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2019/11/best-for-britain-and-the-spyware-scandal

An interesting article about an anti Brexit pressure group being funded and ran by a guy who owns the Israeli tech firm which has been hacking human rights campaigners' Whatsapp.

There is no doubt that a lot of rich and powerful people hope that Remain/Leave can extinguish the resurgence in class politics since Labour became a party led by the membership.

Swinson saying she expects more defections after the election.

What sort of unprincipled c**t would stand on a manifesto then immediately defect to another party?

What sort of unprincipled leader would see this as a positive?

Swinson saying she expects more defections after the election.
What sort of unprincipled c**t would stand on a manifesto then immediately defect to another party?
What sort of unprincipled leader would see this as a positive?

If she carries on like she is, it's the only way she'll be able to continue referring to the DUP as a minor party.

At the moment his party has zero MPs.   After the election it is quite possible his party will still have zero MPs.
Yet on election night, he will probably be there talking about how Labour got it wrong, the Tories got it wrong and basically everybody got it wrong apart from his party who had a marvelous campaign but got the result everyone was expecting because it's all rigged against him anyway.
Yawn.
The Remain parties will be more than happy to leave him alone to boost the BP vote to the detriment of the Tories.

I genuinely think the Tory vote is very soft - not just losing to Farage but also losing Remain Tories to the Lib Dems.