Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Can't disagree much with this.  I had a round trip through Amersham, Wycombe and Beaconsfield this morning to take my wee yin to school and go for the weekend's messages and other things and was saddened at seeing a good dozen vehicles with the flags of our Union and that of St George on various cars and vans.

There is absolutely nothing to celebrate.

I was in Sunderland the other day. I saw a taxi that had pictures of spitfires and poppies and Lest We Forget on the back window.

The taxi was an Audi.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Again, I can't disagree with that.  Our bit of South Bucks is quite Muslimy and all I've seen is my son's cricket team fielding good players and the local Wycombe mosques working together to tutor young ones to pass the 11+ so they get as good an education as possible.

Cricket and A Levels?  Having access to world-class education free at the point of use?  The local Sikh, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Bengali population buy in to this as do we middle-class Brits.  The outliers are the thick as pig shit working class whites.

Buckinghamshire New University has been ranked as the worst uni in the UK recently. 

Bangladeshi and Pakistani communities suffer from higher levels of poverty than almost any other ethnic groups. 

You don't half talk some pish. 

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Buckinghamshire New University has been ranked as the worst uni in the UK recently. 

Not a surprise as no one from the delightful Bucks grammar schools would go there.  They are all being hothoused for Oxbridge or Russell Group Unis.

Edit:  The grammar schools in Bucks have a healthy intake of students from the local BAME community.  This is very welcome.  By dint of me knowing this makes me 'talk some pish' by what measure?  Would you prefer me to ignore obvious truths?

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think politics in the last few years have been, and still are, more divisive that at any time in my lifetime; and I was an adult in the Thatcher era.

People have also abandoned all reason and objectivity.

The idea that we can leave an institution that we have been inextricably linked with in cultural, legal and economic terms for 47 years in 11 months with a ‘deal’ that covers all bases is preposterous.  Anyone looking at it objectively would admit that.

We could well end up in a far worse situation than necessary at the end of the transition period because politicians like Johnson will not admit that their objectives and timetable were totally unachievable and because the poor fools who bought into their lies will not admit that they were hoodwinked.

Then again there is always the possibility that Boris Johnson is more interested in power than anything else.  He will make concessions to the EU left, right and centre but as long as these are all reported as great victories then his base won't care at all.

Edited by Fullerene

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think politics in the last few years have been, and still are, more divisive that at any time in my lifetime; and I was an adult in the Thatcher era.

People have also abandoned all reason and objectivity.

The idea that we can leave an institution that we have been inextricably linked with in cultural, legal and economic terms for 47 years in 11 months with a ‘deal’ that covers all bases is preposterous.  Anyone looking at it objectively would admit that.

We could well end up in a far worse situation than necessary at the end of the transition period because politicians like Johnson will not admit that their objectives and timetable were totally unachievable and because the poor fools who bought into their lies will not admit that they were hoodwinked.

Heading down to parliament Square tonight?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not a surprise as no one from the delightful Bucks grammar schools would go there.  They are all being hothoused for Oxbridge or Russell Group Unis.

Edit:  The grammar schools in Bucks have a healthy intake of students from the local BAME community.  This is very welcome.  By dint of me knowing this makes me 'talk some pish' by what measure?  Would you prefer me to ignore obvious truths?

I don't really care it's just that the Hyacinth Bucket act gets on tits. 

You seem to have a Govean complex about being a Scot living in the home counties.

38 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Then again there is always the possibility that Boris Johnson is more interested in power than anything else.  He will make concessions to the EU left, right and centre but as long as these are all reported as great victories then his base won't care at all.

Honestly I don’t think Johnson is motivated by power, I think he’s motivated by wanting to be PM.  It’s purely egotistical.

Of course that could have the same effect as you are suggesting.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Fascist is like when Germany had a vote in the early 1930s and the winner decided that that vote counted over all other votes and therefore there was no need to ever vote again.

Sound familiar.

Sounds a bit like Communism too getting 120% of the Vote.

Both ideolgy's extremely similar as in both abuse the Democratic system. 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just watching Reporting Scotland on catch up.

Glen Campbell talking from Brussels about the singing of "Old Lang Zine"  yesterday in the EU Parliament. Don't think I know that song.

That is the single most outrageous thing I have read on this whole thread.