Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Anyone got a working link for this video? Seen to shared a few times on social media but the original tweet isn't available.

Vid seems to have gone. Evidence of the dumb English public is being swept under the carpet...

This is interesting considering your pre-emptying cry for attention on the General Nonsense board where you thought nothing of piling into posters about being anti semites, racists and bigots. Absolutely stunned at troll trolling here tbqhwy.

Another Nat personal insult when they’ve been beaten, can’t say I’m surprised.

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are not displaying any more intelligence in these exchanges than he is.

He's right, there's not a Brexit voter that can explain the advantages of Brexit, not a Unionist that can explain the advantages of the Union. Because they're morons.

HTH.

The Leave vote had almost F*ck All to do with the European Union and the politics thereof, and everything to do with xenophobic Little Englanders and their hatred of anything and anyone foreign. The attached notice, which was posted in a block of flats in Norwich, is just so typical of their thinking.

We have given the EU a real slap in the face and I sincerely hope that the EU delivers a monumental GIRFUY to the UK and tell them to Piss Off when it comes to any trade deals in the future. I am sure that the "Johnny Foreigners" can drink Cognac instead of whisky ( at least until Scotland becomes independent), eat Edam cheese instead of Cheddar, use French mustard instead of English etc. the list can go and on. I think that we need the EU more than they need us and when we go cap in hand to Trump and the US looking for a trade deal, he will just shit on us like he does to everybody else.

I am so ashamed to be a British citizen right now.

1536.jpg

Edited by Bairn in Exile

36 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Leave vote had almost F*ck All to do with the European Union and the politics thereof, it was all down to xenophobic Little Englanders and their hatred of anything and anyone foreign. The attached notice, which was posted in a block of flats in Norwich, is just so typical of their thinking.

We have given the EU a real slap in the face and I sincerely hope that the EU gives a monumental GIRFUY to the UK and tell them to Piss Off when it comes to any trade deals in the future. I am sure that they can drink Cognac instead of whisky ( at least until Scotland becomes independent), eat Edam cheese instead of Cheddar, use French mustard instead of English etc. the list can go and on. I think that we need the EU more than they need us and when we go cap in hand to Trump and the US he will just shit on us like he does to everybody else.

1536.jpg

What about Gaelic or Welsh?

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are not displaying any more intelligence in these exchanges than he is.

I'm not trying to be clever here. It would be wasted on them anyway.

I've engaged in discussions with Leavers many, many times and it doesn't matter how much less they understand the EU institutions and culture, or trade, or freedom of movement, or WTO rules. Their position isn't based on reason. It's based on gut instinct - usually, that the UK/ England is somehow intrinsically awesome and foreigners are lesser and suspect.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

It's funny, they bang on about "the elite", as though people who have actually achieved things through intellect aren't actually smarter than them. They don't like it when the elite become elite through intelligence, but they seem to be quite happy with an elite who became elite by birth.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The Leave vote had almost F*ck All to do with the European Union and the politics thereof, and everything to do with xenophobic Little Englanders and their hatred of anything and anyone foreign. The attached notice, which was posted in a block of flats in Norwich, is just so typical of their thinking.

We have given the EU a real slap in the face and I sincerely hope that the EU delivers a monumental GIRFUY to the UK and tell them to Piss Off when it comes to any trade deals in the future. I am sure that the "Johnny Foreigners" can drink Cognac instead of whisky ( at least until Scotland becomes independent), eat Edam cheese instead of Cheddar, use French mustard instead of English etc. the list can go and on. I think that we need the EU more than they need us and when we go cap in hand to Trump and the US looking for a trade deal, he will just shit on us like he does to everybody else.

1536.jpg

As someone said, I don't believe 52% of the country are racists. But racists now think 52% of the country agree with them.

And the 52% have done precisely f**k all to disabuse them of that opinion. 

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

I've engaged in discussions with Leavers many, many times and it doesn't matter how much less they understand the EU institutions and culture, or trade, or freedom of movement, or WTO rules. Their position isn't based on reason. It's based on gut instinct - usually, that the UK/ England is somehow intrinsically awesome and foreigners are lesser and suspect.

It's funny, they bang on about "the elite", as though people who have actually achieved things through intellect aren't actually smarter than them. They don't like it when the elite become elite through intelligence, but they seem to be quite happy with an elite who became elite by birth.

Agree 100% with all of this.

”I just think we’ll we better off if we leave”. Not backed up by anything and just a gut feeling as you say.

The elite one seems to change depending on who it is. They’ll happily buy the papers and read the website of the Harmsworth’s or the Barclay brothers but will have a go at people like Shami Chakrabarti who is a qualified barrister.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Anti-intellectualism, promoted by populists, is one of the traits that is driving Westernised democracies to a very dark place.

Whilst social media should be a great equaliser in addressing the misinformation and scaremongering that is encouraging populism and anti-intellectualism it doesn’t seem to be working that way.