Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
40 minutes ago, Detournement said:
The SNP and Fine Gael  are  essentially the same party anyway.

Are they f**k.... SNP are the same as the Social Democrats

You can't see Sturgeon empower Andrew Wilson and his banker mates to design independence and think she is in anyway different to Vardakar.

Edited by Detournement

And now Johnson is off to Brussels so he can return, like Moses coming down from Mount Sinai, with a godsent deal: a deal that, conveniently, there won’t be time to scrutinise, yet which sections of the media will present as a miracle nonetheless.

And now Johnson is off to Brussels so he can return, like Moses coming down from Mount Sinai, with a godsent deal: a deal that, conveniently, there won’t be time to scrutinise, yet which sections of the media will present as a miracle nonetheless.
Exactly what I was thinking. Whole thing is bloody scripted

44 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I was thinking it's more of a "hey, I did what I could" ploy. Adds to the whole "blame the EU" rhetoric.

15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Of course the other scenario is that Bumbling Boris storms in, cracks a few jokes then completely capitulates thus selling the Fermers and the Fisherpeople down the river....

Nevertheless he’ll return to fanfare, having secured the bestest deal ever ever ever, what.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

I was thinking it's more of a "hey, I did what I could" ploy. Adds to the whole "blame the EU" rhetoric.

Also possible. I doubt even he knows at this point. He’s a moron, led by his own ego. He’ll no doubt do whatever his handlers tell him will gain him the most applause from the dumb proles. c**t.

42 minutes ago, Antlion said:

"Well I've been over to Brussels and we have made excellent progress.  I told them they were being unreasonable and that good old Blighty is just not going to stand for it.  They didn't like what I had to say.  Not what they are use to but I reminded them that we won the war - Twice!  We deserve more respect, more gratitude.  Maybe a "thank you for all that'.  It took a lot of persuasion but they have finally shown a bit of humility and accepted that I am right and always have been.  Starting in January, we can have whatever bananas we like, classify them as we like, have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if we like, and nobody is going to tell us they are just too bendy!  I don't know about you but I call that a victory for common sense."

"On all the other stuff, we still need to talk some more."

29 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

"Well I've been over to Brussels and we have made excellent progress.  I told them they were being unreasonable and that good old Blighty is just not going to stand for it.  They didn't like what I had to say.  Not what they are use to but I reminded them that we won the war - Twice!  We deserve more respect, more gratitude.  Maybe a "thank you for all that'.  It took a lot of persuasion but they have finally shown a bit of humility and accepted that I am right and always have been.  Starting in January, we can have whatever bananas we like, classify them as we like, have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if we like, and nobody is going to tell us they are just too bendy!  I don't know about you but I call that a victory for common sense."

"On all the other stuff, we still need to talk some more."

Needs a few more Latin non-sequiturs learnt by rote at public school, some mumbling asides to feign being lost in thought, cheap, 90s motivational-speaker positivity, “great Churchillian blitz spirit”, and a clenched fist bouncing up and down. Add those and you’ve nailed it.

I've reached a stage now where I'm actually hoping the EU tell him to f**k right off. "No deal - we're pulling the plug, you're on your own now".

That would finish him off, he'd have to go, and with any luck this would finish his govt off too.

I'm so sick of listening to all these who keep telling us that the EU need to show the UK much more respect. Who do these Johnny Foreigners think they are? 

14 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

I wonder if the brutal reality check of a no deal will be enough for people to change their mind on whether leaving the EU was a good idea.

A Tory power grab that will shaft the working man.

Well, a huge number of voters are idiots. So I'd imagine not.

By all accounts Johnson is disliked by most European leaders, probably because the uninformed buffoonery doesn’t impress them.  The idea of him going to Europe to resolve anything is therefor farcical.  It’s playing to the gallery, nothing more.