Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

According to Laura Kuenssberg, the next 48 hours of talks will be critical. If no decision is taken, I’m sure the following 48 hours will be critical. If no decision is taken, I’m sure the 48 hours after that will be critical.
One thing I think is certain, the 31st December date won't be extended. Therefore kuenssbergs 48hrs upon 48hrs ain't going to prevent the slow sleepwalk to oblivion

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 hours ago, Antlion said:
According to Laura Kuenssberg, the next 48 hours of talks will be critical. If no decision is taken, I’m sure the following 48 hours will be critical. If no decision is taken, I’m sure the 48 hours after that will be critical.

One thing I think is certain, the 31st December date won't be extended. Therefore kuenssbergs 48hrs upon 48hrs ain't going to prevent the slow sleepwalk to oblivion

I'm not so sure. With Cummings gone they might use Covid as an excuse for a 6 month extension. The Nation must pull together on this great National Vaccine Endeavor and not be distracted etc. It's going to be hard to push any deal through all the EU members in time too, one province of Belgium was enough to delay the EU Canada deal that Boris is so keen on. I admit it's unlikely though.

If there was any doubts as to the proposition in the thread title that Brexit has become a farce the news that the Covid vaccines are to be flown in by military aircraft come Jan 1 to avoid delays at ports caused by Brexit must end them.

If there was any doubts as to the proposition in the thread title that Brexit has become a farce the news that the Covid vaccines are to be flown in by military aircraft come Jan 1 to avoid delays at ports caused by Brexit must end them.

Funny thing with this is it will be hailed as magnificent. Our heroic boys defy the odds to fly in the cure. Bunting everywhere.

Meanwhile in every other country, trucks arrive at Chemists and Hospitals typifying normal society.

19 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Funny thing with this is it will be hailed as magnificent. Our heroic boys defy the odds to fly in the cure. Bunting everywhere.

Meanwhile in every other country, trucks arrive at Chemists and Hospitals typifying normal society.

How many doses can you fit in a Spitfire?

32 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Cant wait for the street parties with the union flags flying and Boris 's face right in the middle of them. Almost brings a tear to the eye!

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not so sure. With Cummings gone they might use Covid as an excuse for a 6 month extension. The Nation must pull together on this great National Vaccine Endeavor and not be distracted etc. It's going to be hard to push any deal through all the EU members in time too, one province of Belgium was enough to delay the EU Canada deal that Boris is so keen on. I admit it's unlikely though.

I don’t see there being an extension, if there were then in six months time we will be back to where we are now.

I’d love to see the EU take the nuclear option on the possibility of the U.K. breaking international law in two bills.

I don’t see there being an extension, if there were then in six months time we will be back to where we are now.
I’d love to see the EU take the nuclear option on the possibility of the U.K. breaking international law in two bills.
They have said for sometime if the internal market bill gets voted through they will. That's going to happen this week so let's see.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I have seen U.K. government ministers clawing that the EU “added a load of additional demands” at the end of the week.

I have not seen any detail of any of these additional demands.

It's simply to go along with the "It's their fault" narrative. Because they're not interested in an extension or deal of any kind. It's been the same all along. Everything has pointed towards this. 

8 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

It's simply to go along with the "It's their fault" narrative. Because they're not interested in an extension or deal of any kind. It's been the same all along. Everything has pointed towards this. 

I agree.  Whilst I still think that @welshbairn’s wrong about Johnson agreeing to an extension it’s absolutely what the EU should do at the last minute; in fact they should offer a full year extension.

The narrative from the EU side could be “No one could have anticipated the pandemic, much of the U.K. infrastructure and procedures are not yet in place.  Let’s put this on hold for a year to help the U.K. sort these things out and there’s no need for chaos come January 1”.

Johnson will, of course, reject this and then when it all goes tits up he will find it far more difficult to blame the EU27.