Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

20 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Suck it up Brexiters.

So this is the posh version of everyone in Sunderland heartily voting for Brexit only to be left furious that one of the town's biggest employers will pull jobs as a direct result of Brexit?

Spoiler

schadenfreude sponge bob - quickmeme

Brexit might further immiserate everyone in this country but that also includes reactionary expats and people whose politics were informed by the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics so it is truly impossible to say whether it’s bad or not.

Anyone with a house in an EU country that wasn't aware of the rolling 180 days rule literally years ago is 100% at it. Those have been the regs for non EU 2and home owners for yonks. 
It will also impact the so called "swallows" that flock to hotels and apartments in Spain for winter on cheap long stay deals offered by hoteliers. If they stay longer than 90 days they will now need a visa so will curtail that business a fair bit I would imagine.

I'm not sure tbh, some of these people are actually quite thick. I'd imagine at least 60% wouldn't be able to point to Spain on a map.

44 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Brexit might further immiserate everyone in this country but that also includes reactionary expats and people whose politics were informed by the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics so it is truly impossible to say whether it’s bad or not.

I'd bet a fairly decent amount that when you correlate the negative effects of Brexit on areas and individuals with how they voted, you'll see that those most negatively impacted disproportionately voted for Brexit. 

Edited by Gordon EF

I'd bet a fairly decent amount that when you correlate the negative effects of Brexit on areas and individuals with how they voted, you'll see that those most negatively impacted disproportionately voted for Brexit. 

Aye of course but a large part of politics now is voting to make other people’s lives worse and if you have to wait even longer to get that mole checked then at least you know the people on the tele that you don’t like are mad they have to queue an extra 40 minutes at customs.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye of course but a large part of politics now is voting to make other people’s lives worse and if you have to wait even longer to get that mole checked then at least you know the people on the tele that you don’t like are mad they have to queue an extra 40 minutes at customs.

True it's very much 'shoot a hole in the deck of the lifeboat, through your own foot, to annoy that libtard fellow passenger you don't like' territory. 

Edited by Gordon EF

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Anyone with a house in an EU country that wasn't aware of the rolling 180 days rule literally years ago is 100% at it. Those have been the regs for non EU 2and home owners for yonks.

It will also impact the so called "swallows" that flock to hotels and apartments in Spain for winter on cheap long stay deals offered by hoteliers. If they stay longer than 90 days they will now need a visa so will curtail that business a fair bit I would imagine.

We intend to move abroad full time when I retire and there’s nothing that’s likely to be a barrier to this.  The one big issue will be the withdrawal of reciprocal health care which will mean about 3,000 euros per annum for each of us for healthcare.

There’s thousands of folk who retire to the Costas each year on tight budgets and the health care costs will make that an impossible barrier for most of them.

Big downside for U.K. retirees, potentially big downturn in the housing market in certain parts of Spain.

We intend to move abroad full time when I retire and there’s nothing that’s likely to be a barrier to this.  The one big issue will be the withdrawal of reciprocal health care which will mean about 3,000 euros per annum for each of us for healthcare.
There’s thousands of folk who retire to the Costas each year on tight budgets and the health care costs will make that an impossible barrier for most of them.
Big downside for U.K. retirees, potentially big downturn in the housing market in certain parts of Spain.

Lanzarote?

57 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Lanzarote?

Granny Canaria surely.....

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Lanzarote?

That or near Malaga.

Scrabster is a weird place. I was there last summer and the place looked like it was overrun with the cast of The Hills Have Eyes in Rangers tops.
It was Scrabster where they gaffer taped that Canadian woman to her office chair for a laugh. Caithness is a strange place.

Everytime we find somewhere we think "this would be nice to buy" we find somewhere else we like equally or better. Eventually it dawned on us we really didn't want to pin ourselves down to a single location so are now working on downsizing so we retain a base in Scotland when we retire and simply spending longer stays in wherever takes our fancy but by god the majority of our winter will not be spent in Blighty come that time. That said I would happily plonk my arse anywhere warm for the winter when the time comes. That and a new bigger boat (fishing / days out not yacht) in Scotland for summer which will dictate the home base location.