Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, mjw said:

I'm sure Jim Siillars is on record as saying he would like to vote Labour in an independent Scotland.
I know he's become a bit of a rent a quote character but I bet he's not alone.

I'm not sure he would say that about the current 'Scottish Labour' 

He might be willing to tie his flag to the mast of a real left wing party, but the labour party he referred to has long departed.

On 14/02/2017 at 11:39, welshbairn said:

That's the last source that I would trust.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-deutschebank-lawsuit-currencyrigging-idUSKBN15T2E3?feedType=RSS&feedName=PersonalFinance&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+news%2Fwealth+(Reuters+Wealth+News)

"A U.S. judge has rejected Deutsche Bank AG's bid to dismiss a lawsuit claiming it delayed foreign exchange trades to get a "last look" at how prices were moving, enabling the German bank to extract more profit at customers' expense."

http://www.walb.com/story/34407086/legal-costs-help-push-deutsche-bank-to-2-billion-q4-loss

"The bank this month agreed to pay $7.2 billion to U.S. authorities over its sale of opaque securities based on mortgages that were blamed for helping start the global financial crisis. It has also announced job cuts and withdrawal from some less important markets.

On Tuesday the bank announced it would pay $425 million dollars to settle a money-laundering investigation by the New York State Department of Financial Services related to share trades in Moscow, London and New York.

The bank agreed to pay 163 million pounds to conclude a similar probe by Britain's Financial Conduct Authority. Those amounts were already reflected in the bank's set-asides for litigation costs."

Such honesty and integrity! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

On 15.2.2017 at 13:47, Bishop Briggs said:

That's the last source that I would trust.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-deutschebank-lawsuit-currencyrigging-idUSKBN15T2E3?feedType=RSS&feedName=PersonalFinance&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+news%2Fwealth+(Reuters+Wealth+News)

"A U.S. judge has rejected Deutsche Bank AG's bid to dismiss a lawsuit claiming it delayed foreign exchange trades to get a "last look" at how prices were moving, enabling the German bank to extract more profit at customers' expense."

http://www.walb.com/story/34407086/legal-costs-help-push-deutsche-bank-to-2-billion-q4-loss

"The bank this month agreed to pay $7.2 billion to U.S. authorities over its sale of opaque securities based on mortgages that were blamed for helping start the global financial crisis. It has also announced job cuts and withdrawal from some less important markets.

On Tuesday the bank announced it would pay $425 million dollars to settle a money-laundering investigation by the New York State Department of Financial Services related to share trades in Moscow, London and New York.

The bank agreed to pay 163 million pounds to conclude a similar probe by Britain's Financial Conduct Authority. Those amounts were already reflected in the bank's set-asides for litigation costs."

Such honesty and integrity! :rolleyes: 

Is there a single major bank who has avoided substantial fines for some form of dubious action in the last decade?

If memory serves me correct, Deutsche Bank were also the source of the "Scottish independence could trigger a new depression" claims.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Is there a single major bank who has avoided substantial fines for some form of dubious action in the last decade?

If memory serves me correct, Deutsche Bank were also the source of the "Scottish independence could trigger a new depression" claims.

Deutsche Bank's record over the last 9 years has been especially bad. It's still making huge losses, its share price has slumped and there have been rumours that it can't afford its fines. If Deutsche Bank goes down, or needs massive Government support, there could be another Eurozone crisis. Then there is the currency rigging scandal that I linked to. And we are supposed to believe its Brexit currency forecasts? 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Deutsche Bank's record over the last 9 years has been especially bad. It's still making huge losses, its share price has slumped and there have been rumours that it can't afford its fines. If Deutsche Bank goes down, or needs massive Government support, there could be another Eurozone crisis. Then there is the currency rigging scandal that I linked to. And we are supposed to believe its Brexit currency forecasts? 

I think the price is around double the low of a few months ago. I'm sure there were some very influential people buying in at the bottom. They won't be allowed to fail, they are far too important to Germany as well as to the rest of Europe, including most of the UK banks. If they go down it would it would be catastrophic for many.

FWIW, I would tend to discount any report from a major bank which is clearly politically motivated. They are only interested in making profit and will publish anything they can remotely justify in the process of making what they can.

Retail sales way down on January predictions as consumers reign in spending in wake of uncertainty.

Vauxhall in Luton and Ellesmere Port likely to close because inflation in the wake of brexit has made raw materials dearer.

But! It's all going swimmingly:1eye

7 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Retail sales way down on January predictions as consumers reign in spending in wake of uncertainty.

Vauxhall in Luton and Ellesmere Port likely to close because inflation in the wake of brexit has made raw materials dearer.

But! It's all going swimmingly:1eye

You really are a thick idiot.

Shoppers switched from retail to online. British Retail Consortium - http://internetretailing.net/2017/02/shoppers-abandoned-the-high-street-to-shop-online-in-the-post-christmas-sales-brc/.

"Stores bore the brunt of the sales slowdown; posting their deepest three-month decline on record as online was the preferred shopping channel for the month’s clearance sales.”

And General Motors has put Vauxhall up for sale because its European business, including Opel, is making big losses. The likely buyer is the PSA Group, which owns Peugeot and Citroen - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/17/vauxhall-workforce-highly-valued-minister-potential-french-buyer-greg-clark-talks-psa-group-gm-europe

"Announcing its full-year results last week, the Detroit-based company said GM Europe had narrowed losses to $257m (£206 m) in the year to the end of December, from a loss of $813m the year before."

So the losses fell by almost 75% last year.

When did you have the lobotomy?  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Must be why I've got a Masters and a Doctorate, have run 2 successful businesses and have managed to retire early.

The trouble that you have is that you know how to use Google but have no idea how to interprete what you stumble across or extrapolate anything meaningful from it.

Now toddle off your shift behind the bar must be starting soon.

19 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Shoppers switched from retail to online. British Retail Consortium - http://internetretailing.net/2017/02/shoppers-abandoned-the-high-street-to-shop-online-in-the-post-christmas-sales-brc/.

Retail sales includes online, you fucking halfwit.

1 hour ago, WILLIEA said:

Must be why I've got a Masters and a Doctorate, have run 2 successful businesses and have managed to retire early.

The trouble that you have is that you know how to use Google but have no idea how to interprete what you stumble across or extrapolate anything meaningful from it.

Now toddle off your shift behind the bar must be starting soon.

Great post until the final sentence.

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

"Stores bore the brunt of the sales slowdown; posting their deepest three-month decline on record as online was the preferred shopping channel for the month’s clearance sales.”

And General Motors has put Vauxhall up for sale because its European business, including Opel, is making big losses. The likely buyer is the PSA Group, which owns Peugeot and Citroen - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/17/vauxhall-workforce-highly-valued-minister-potential-french-buyer-greg-clark-talks-psa-group-gm-europe

"Announcing its full-year results last week, the Detroit-based company said GM Europe had narrowed losses to $257m (£206 m) in the year to the end of December, from a loss of $813m the year before."

So the losses fell by almost 75% last year.

Car crash of a post