Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The Davis v BoJo to replace Theresa May war is hotting up.

Davis is less clueless than BoJo and has fewer enemies in the parliamentary Tory party but he'll have to get in before driving the Brexit train at top speed into the buffers during these negotiations. A stammering, out-of-his-depth buffoon.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Davis is less clueless than BoJo and has fewer enemies in the parliamentary Tory party but he'll have to get in before driving the Brexit train at top speed into the buffers during these negotiations. A stammering, out-of-his-depth buffoon.

A contest of mediocrity.

11 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Davis would have had a chance if he'd stayed a backbencher, when I thought he was quite impressive and was surprised not to see him run against May. He's been totally found out trying to do a proper job though.

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No it's not.

Ian Paisley founded both the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster and the DUP, and led both at the time of that poster.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you mean because it's actually the free Presbyterian church as opposed to the DUP or is it a complete hoax?

If it's real then they really should have put it on the side of a bus

It's a FP poster, not a DUP one, athough back then FP and DUP were practically synonymous. If I recall correctly there were similar sort of posters knocking about in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ian Paisley founded both the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster and the DUP, and led both at the time of that poster.

Really? Every day's a school day.

It's a FP poster, not a DUP one, athough back then FP and DUP were practically synonymous. If I recall correctly there were similar sort of posters knocking about in Scotland.

Thanks

Given that in 1973 the dark influences of Antichrist had just helped bring forth the first four Black Sabbath albums I'd have been tempted to vote for him.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really? Every day's a school day.

You must've known that JG?  Didn't big Ian also have his own Orange Order at some point?  You're right about parallels in Scotland.  My aunts in Glasgow were Gaelic-speaking FPs of the 'No to Rome rule' variety and were bitterly opposed to the Common Market.

Edit: I;d be amazed if there's nothing on the web about Pastor Jack Glass campaigning against the CM too.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

TBH I didn't think the DUP existed till much later and was going to post much the same as you.

I had to check myself when they were founded - 1971.