Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

He was moaning about the "irrational cult of youth" the other week. Start giving young people agency and stop patronising them and maybe they won't scoff at your joke of a party, Vince. :lol:

The Lib Dems will say whatever they think the audience in front of them wants to hear. They are the nowhere people of politics.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't think they're doing it to annoy the UK, they're doing it just to annoy me.

I knew there would be a plus to this passport checking.

16 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

The Lib Dems will say whatever they think the audience in front of them wants to hear. They are the nowhere people of politics.

You mean the growing majority of people who are realising what an insane and self destructive project Brexit is?

Edited by welshbairn

And still they go on deluding themselves.....thanks for the chuckles!

Feel free to link us to any debate where you've managed to win the argument. Obviously this will not be possible for you [emoji38]

Also, learn to multi-quote you fucking imbecile.

Sent from my E5823 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 minute ago, jupe1407 said:

Feel free to link us to any debate where you've managed to win the argument. Obviously this will not be possible for you emoji38.png

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

Ha ha.....Never!

Indeed.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As in - you'll never win an argument here?

No, As in I'll never trawl back through my posts to prove something to jupe because he's an irrelevance plus I'll never regularly  default to multi quoting because it annoys the twat.

On thread..... I can't really understand anyone criticising older folk for voting for that which sits best with them.

Young people today are not this poor , hard done by group of exploited and denied victims that the bleeding hearts would have you believe. 

There are  more options, opportunities, freedoms and support at the fingertips  of more young people than ever in British history.

The only place where young people are missing out is as a result of freedom of movement where there is no longer any incentive on employers, both State run organisations or private businesses to train  or up skill their employees  or even employ new graduates because it's cheaper and more expedient to import vast numbers of cheap, foreign workers instead.  

Cue Welshbairn and Shades......nip, nip!

38 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

No, As in I'll never trawl back through my posts to prove something to jupe because he's an irrelevance plus I'll never regularly  default to multi quoting because it annoys the twat.

So irrelevant you reply every single time.

Glorious :lol:

Brexiters are thick. It's official.

Brexit caused by low levels of education, study finds

A slight increase in higher education could have kept Britain in the EU

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-education-higher-university-study-university-leave-eu-remain-voters-educated-a7881441.html

Brexiters are thick. It's official.

Brexit caused by low levels of education, study finds

A slight increase in higher education could have kept Britain in the EU

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-education-higher-university-study-university-leave-eu-remain-voters-educated-a7881441.html

Tbf I studied the EU at university and barely understood it either. That we put such a monumentally complex institution and our continued membership up for a quick referendum will take some beating as the worst political decision of all time.

I think it is more about ignorance than being stupid or thick.
I think a lot of people on both sides are ignorant of what EU membership really means, or trade deals or any of that.

For example, how does it affect my life if the EU has a trade deal with Brazil or Bangladesh or Burkina Faso?
How does it make a difference if the UK leaves the EU and organizes their own deal with any of these countries?

The EU campaign was about one side saying "We must definitely leave" and the other side saying "mmm, maybe it would be better if we stayed in."

The leave campaign said "We are giving lots of money to the EU and sometimes they gives us some of it back.  They tell us what to do and we can't even control who can come to this country and who cannot."
The remain campaign should have argued that EU membership was about a lot more than that - but if they did - almost nobody was listening.

I think as time goes on, people will become aware "oh that is what it all means"

A referendum right now might be pointless but this time next year who knows.

26 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Tbf I studied the EU at university and barely understood it either. That we put such a monumentally complex institution and our continued membership up for a quick referendum will take some beating as the worst political decision of all time.

Probably is. Agree with above though that it's probably more about general ignorance - especially regarding 'foreigners' and immigrants either 'stealing' our jobs or our benefits.

To be fair, loads of folk still can't get their heids around Scottish devo, including the BBC and many politicians who routinely mix-up devolved and reserved powers.