Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Britain is totally compliant with EU law and has the benefit of its existing trading arrangements with the EU. They can be replicated in a simple trade agreement, i.e. no tariffs and service passports, that maintains the status quo.

One of these days real life is going to hit you so hard!!!!

BTW the use of derogatory terms like remoaners and eurocrats betrays the Daily Mail/ Express level of your argument. i.e.. not to be taken seriously.

2 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

One of these days real life is going to hit you so hard!!!!

BTW the use of derogatory terms like remoaners and eurocrats betrays the Daily Mail/ Express level of your argument. i.e.. not to be taken seriously.

That's very rich as Leave supporters are subjected to derogatory terms such as racists, xenophobes etc. 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Britain is totally compliant with EU law and has the benefit of its existing trading arrangements with the EU. They can be replicated in a simple trade agreement, i.e. no tariffs and service passports, that maintains the status quo.

What would the point be in leaving then?

On 25/10/2016 at 07:29, McSpreader said:

Our politicians haven't shown the political maturity required to run an independent Scotland.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

I've already indicated to you that the idea Scotland is 'politically immature' is meaningless drivel .

Not Scotland....The SNP,

Er, aye ok then.  I suppose I can see why, looking at Westminster and Holyrood, you could mistake the SNP for all our politicians seeing as they're the only show in town.

The constant bleating that you're only offering observations not giving opinions isn't fooling anyone in any case. 

Well that claim of mine  wouldn't make any sense to the politically immature

Naw it just doesn't make any sense full stop.

Politically immature :lol:

You're criticising it right now and I doubt that a door in Hawick is about to be broken down by the SNP Thought Police in the wee small hours of this morning. 

But would anyone be surprised if it did happen? Nationalist movements have previous for that sort of behaviour.

:lol:

Actually 'an arrogant, right of centre, stagnant, divisive, 'delusionist' Govt.' would actually be a not bad representation of Theresa May's administration although to be fair to them I'm pretty sure much like the Scottish government they can be criticised.

I'm more than happy to criticise any Gov't but at the moment it's the SNP led Holyrood Gov't that is letting me down the most.

Democratic Dictatorship :lol:

Obviously a satirical statement that went right over your head...

So when you're pulled up for talking sh##e it's actually satire, such wonderfully subtle satire only you can see it?  You realise the only thing you'd actually be satirising is not the Scottish government but the paranoid ranting of swivel eyed Britnat loons?  Or indeed are you struggling to keep up the pretence that this isn't actually just an exercise in trolling?

Either way I'm done with your pish.  Keep it up though, it is wonderfully satirical of the inchoate rambling delusions of a certain sector of unionism, and therefore good for a laugh.  Hope that doesn't go right over your head...

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What would the point be in leaving then?

Free trade, or better trade agreements, with other (non-EU) nations. We can negotiate, but not sign, such agreements before Brexit.

A free trade agreement with the EU (rather than Single Market/EEA membership) would also allow us to repeal EU laws that reduce our international competitiveness. 

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Free trade, or better trade agreements, with other (non-EU) nations. We can negotiate, but not sign, such agreements before Brexit.

A free trade agreement with the EU (rather than Single Market/EEA membership) would also allow us to repeal EU laws that reduce our international competitiveness. 

That's nonsense, both sentences. Nobody will bother negotiating with us without knowing our relationship with the EU, what would be the point? And intrinsic to the single market is agreeing to EU rules. A free trade agreement where we didn't have to agree to EU rules would take decades to sort out.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

That's nonsense, both sentences. Nobody will bother negotiating with us without knowing our relationship with the EU, what would be the point? And intrinsic to the single market is agreeing to EU rules.

Such negotiations will start after our preferred relationship with the EU is clear.

CETA would abolish 98% of EU tariffs. There is a huge difference between free trade with EEA and Single Market membership. The former abolishes tariffs, the latter keeps them.