Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I voted Remain as did all the Scots I know down here (maybe 3 or 4).

Yep, same here Kinc, 7 or 8 Scots in Eng and 2 who stay in NI remain, only one pal who was a firmly entrenched leave, but has always been anti EU long before the Ref.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep, same here Kinc, 7 or 8 Scots in Eng and 2 who stay in NI remain, only one pal who was a firmly entrenched leave, but has always been anti EU long before the Ref.

I know 5 who actually voted.....all Leave . But 2 each  stay  in Cardiff and Bristol area   and one in Yorkshire so that might have influenced their vote. London based Scots maybe voted differently.

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

If you're playing that game than more than half of Scottish voters failed to endorse Scotland's place as a region of the UK state. At least we won't have to listen any more of your shite about Scotland voting to remain in the UK in 2014 - going by the number of voters who actually voted (which you suddenly want to do), less than fifty per cent of all who could vote said "No thanks - we're wi' Alistair".

I'm no playing a game just stating facts that you are struggling to digest and to deal with..... your assertion that Scotland is unequivocally Pro EU is simply false.

This is a thread about Brexit but seeing as you bring up the Indy ref I should remind you that over 2million Scots voted NO ( on an 85% turnout ) more than voted Remain btw.........The numbers speak loud and clear.  I'm happy to repeat them.

34 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I'm no playing a game just stating facts that you are struggling to digest and to deal with..... your assertion that Scotland is unequivocally Pro EU is simply false.

This is a thread about Brexit but seeing as you bring up the Indy ref I should remind you that over 2million Scots voted NO ( on an 85% turnout ) more than voted Remain btw.........The numbers speak loud and clear.  I'm happy to repeat them.

Yet the majority of Scotland voted for the UK to remain in the EU. The majority wins. You might want to deal with that. And that 2 million your happy to crow about represents less than half the voting population. Since your keen to acknowledge the voting population (as opposed to who actually voted), less than 50% voted in favour of Scotland's UK regionhood. Under your preferred method of looking at things, Scotland is not therefore overwhelmingly in favour of remaining a region of the UK of GB and NI.

21 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Yet the majority of Scotland voted for the UK to remain in the EU. The majority wins. You might want to deal with that. And that 2 million your happy to crow about represents less than half the voting population. Since your keen to acknowledge the voting population (as opposed to who actually voted), less than 50% voted in favour of Scotland's UK regionhood. Under your preferred method of looking at things, Scotland is not therefore overwhelmingly in favour of remaining a region of the UK of GB and NI.

You are all over the shop here.  The majority of the franchise is what wins or perhaps Dundee and Glasgow should be fighting for independence from the UK?

I know 5 who actually voted.....all Leave . But 2 each  stay  in Cardiff and Bristol area   and one in Yorkshire so that might have influenced their vote. London based Scots maybe voted differently.

It's likely that the geographic pattern of votes of Scots in England at least partially mirror the pattern of the natives

But the fact that they know you is probably a bigger bias in the sample

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

You are all over the shop here.  The majority of the franchise is what wins or perhaps Dundee and Glasgow should be fighting for independence from the UK?

Perhaps you should be directing that to your colleague McSpreader, who introduced the idea that it's the percentage of voters who matter, not the percentage of who voted. I look forward to you arguing the point with him (ha!).

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Perhaps you should be directing that to your colleague McSpreader, who introduced the idea that it's the percentage of voters who matter, not the percentage of who voted. I look forward to you arguing the point with him (ha!).

It applies equally to you first post here as it does to the one I quoted.  My take on the voting numbers are that those that voted expressed an opinion, those that don't accept that majority.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

And West Dunbartonshire, thank you.

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

It applies equally to you first post here as it does to the one I quoted.  My take on the voting numbers are that those that voted expressed an opinion, those that don't accept that majority.

Nah, those that don't vote don't have voice that matters.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Good. Tell your pal - it you can bear to stomach disagreeing with a fellow Brexiteer on his reading of electoral outcomes. You won't, of course.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

If Independent City States were a possible outcome then Edinburgh might have been a lot closer