St. Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian, 17/09/2016

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Strange, pretty much in front of me and I thought it was a  clear dive. I thought he cut in specifically to go over the player's leg. Which he did – very badly. Cummins' was too, so I hope they are both fined. Good on Tommy for taking that approach.

Thought we were second-best for most of the match. Clark outstanding, but was it Johnsen through one-on-one in the first half? You really have to put those away. Anderson had an excellent game.

Totally agree with this. I was very close to the Kane  "Tumble" and  you have it spot on. They need to cut that shite oot. Hope Wright hammers them.  Great win for the team though and an outstanding display by the giant manchild that is Zander. .Oh and Neilsons a fucking  classless w**k...

Just seen the highlights. First save doesn't look as impressive. Cummins is easily onside, the right sided centre half if about two yards deeper than the rest of their backline. Craigs "goal" doesn't look like it crossed the line either.

Highlights there don't show the dive, expect Sportscene to cover Cummins and Kanes incidents though, and Cummins will likely get a ban.

Highlights there don't show the dive, expect Sportscene to cover Cummins and Kanes incidents though, and Cummins will likely get a ban.

He can't get a ban when it's already been dealt with by the referee correctly. You can't retrospectively hand out yellow cards for yellow card offences.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

If he was booked for it it's dealt with,he can't get an additional ban.

That was a really enjoyable afternoon.  An entertaining open game for only 1-0, on a cracking sunny afternoon.

Thought both sides were on top for spells in the first half, we maybe had more possession and corners but Hearts had the better chances.  However, the second half we were getting pummelled upto when we scored!  Hearts were on top most of it but we looked threatening on the break.  

Our organisation and commitment were excellent, and its a brilliant 3 points, earned without Swanson and Millar.

Clark had a great game.  Anderson was a rock, a tremendous performance.  Thought Murray and Paton worked their socks off in the middle to make life difficult for Hearts.  Coulson had a few good moments though a quiet second half.  Showed he has something though.

Pleased for Cummins to get a goal, he looked poor and short of confidence upto it, and there was a player (possibly Gormley?) stripped and ready to come on when the goal went in.  The subbie then put bib the back on and sat down again.

The dives were poor.  Haven't seen either back yet, but at the game, Cummins' looked laughably bad, and we had an opportunity on the break when Kane seemed to run out of ideas and just fell over the lads leg.  Wasn't sure his was quite as blatant, as there may have been a wee bit of contact.  I can't remember seeing that from a Saints player since Brian Graham 2 years ago.. Bizarre for them both to do it this week after everything that's been said.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

He can't get a ban when it's already been dealt with by the referee correctly. You can't retrospectively hand out yellow cards for yellow card offences.

Excellent. No doubt Sportscene will do their usual with us though, and spend more time demanding punishment than actual highlights though.

1 minute ago, StandFree03 said:

Kane goes down very easily, he took a dive at Pittodrie at the end of last season as well.

Has to make up for his lack of ability somehow I suppose.

Was that the game where he scored the winner with his first touch?

Just now, StandFree03 said:

No, that was the season before. Probably the last goal he scored as well.

You know he's not good enough at this level, you should just admit it.

Hes still only 22.

FWIW I think hes got the ability to be a 10+ scorer in the league, but mentally he seems to lack something. Needs a bit more arrogance about him.

2 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

So he's not good enough. That's all you had to say.

At the moment, I'd be worried if he was our only striker, so yeah, hes currently not good enough. Once Gormleys fit it'll be interesting to see how much game time the strikers each get.

Archived