Hibs v Ayr

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding result yesterday. I was at a showing of 'sunshine on leith' last night which I thought I was going to have to suffer with gritted teeth.

The result made it a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

I've always liked hibs - and the fact that we seem to pull out results against them makes me like them even more.

2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Why the f**k would Ayr ask Lennon for an interview? :lol:

All about the Hibs, even in victory.

Because they interview every teams manager after a game and speak to them about their views on the match that has just taken place?

Up there with Gary Bolan levels of seethe.

I've never come across a clubs own media team wanting to interview the opposition manager after a game. Lennon is quite right to tell them to bolt if he wants to ffs![emoji38]

Ayr United Media interview both managers aftee every game, only Neil Lennon and Gary Bolan have declined since they started.

28 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That's a brilliant second goal by Ayr.  Starts from the keeper then a few first time passes out of defence. The boy who crosses (the RB?) has some pace, who he?

Nicky Devlin, was doing that regularly last season up until he smashed his wrist and was out for a few weeks and seemed to lose his confidence. Has that in his locker and hopefully he can keep this up now and kick on.

Strange game yesterday, McCall got his starting 11 all wrong again (its as if he is determined to make that 11 work rather than find an alternative), lack of any pace out wide or strength and movement up top left the ball just constantly being knocked around by Hibs, we had a couple of dodgy's at the back (mostly from clever passes from Shinnie) but that will happen when you surrender the ball. Hibs score a belter and up their game and start to run all over us but for some of the worst finishing ive seen for a while it remains 1-0. Bartley then gets sent off for a bit of a silly challenge and suddenly we seem to be able to hit on the break as we have a striker on. Our equaliser,

196bd0da27f43645fb63e8b52a2f6df3.jpg

Whit is that goalie doing. He's just let the ball run out of play for a corner and then comes away out to nowhere. I think that was our first well hit set play and second chance of the game, Conrad appears to be a defender that can cause decent problems at corners scoring in 2/3 games. Hibs still came forward plenty but we didn't really look in too much bother from then and got our second with a great goal. Wild wild scenes when it went in.

Don't the papers like to talk about not playing well and winning as title form [emoji6] .

edaa97a85631cffb2d6912d841770273.jpg

42 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I've never come across a clubs own media team wanting to interview the opposition manager after a game. Lennon is quite right to tell them to bolt if he wants to ffs! :lol:

The clubs media give opposition managers an easy ride,  side with them on red cards etc so none of them seem to mind apart from big time Gary Bolland and Lennon. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The clubs media give opposition managers an easy ride,  side with them on red cards etc so none of them seem to mind apart from big time Gary Bolland and Lennon. 

I'm sure Lennon was well aware of that fact as well right enough. Having just lost im sure the last thing he'd want is a potentially dreadful interview with the opposing teams media department. Absolutley no issue with him declining this interview. 

8 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Just seen the highlights. That is fucking never a red card. :lol: 

Thought it was harsh when I was watching on Hibs tv. Still think it's harsh having seen it again. Cost us the game, although we should've been more than one ahead at the time and even then should be more than capable of shutting up shop and holding on for 1-0. Very poor yesterday. 

Archived