Forfar Athletic v Stirling Albion

This Saturday the Binos face the current League leaders at Station Park. Forfar are unbeaten this season and the odds are good imo to make that 6 wins in a row against an Albion side that has struggled away from home this season shipping 8 goals in our last 2 away games.

Given the performance last Saturday against Edinburgh City at home where we managed to drop 2 points against the side bottom of the table and without a point its worrying times at Forthbank.

Can we get something at Forfar this Saturday I don`t think so and most of the Albion fans are expecting another away defeat. Just hope our defence turns up on Saturday and stops shipping goals otherwise its going to another bad day at the office.

Prediction Forfar 3 Albion 1  :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, rhliston said:

This Saturday the Binos face the current League leaders at Station Park. Forfar are unbeaten this season and the odds are good imo to make that 6 wins in a row against an Albion side that has struggled away from home this season shipping 8 goals in our last 2 away games.

Given the performance last Saturday against Edinburgh City at home where we managed to drop 2 points against the side bottom of the table and without a point its worrying times at Forthbank.

Can we get something at Forfar this Saturday I don`t think so and most of the Albion fans are expecting another away defeat. Just hope our defence turns up on Saturday and stops shipping goals otherwise its going to another bad day at the office.

Prediction Forfar 3 Albion 1  :(

Your correct, however, we have great that   way >>>>not to good <<<<. 

Ever game by 1 goal, we score more than you. 

Have scraped by in every league game by the odd goal.  Would like to see us win and by a couple this time (just to make it more relaxing). Can't take anything for granted though - we've looked suspect at stages in every game so far.  Seems Albion's home form is a good bit better than their away form and I'm hoping that continues on Saturday.

Match day 6 last season saw us get our 4th and final league win (v Brechin) until the Cowdenbeath game near the end of Feb.  I think this was also the last time we topped the table last season before the slow, painful slide into League 2.

GB will no doubt have to decide what to do with Swanks if he's available after last week's work commitments.  By all accounts we struggled in the first half in particular last week and Swanks has been playing well this season so I reckon he'll be back in.  Could be that Danny drops back to the bench.

Saw Smith got a run out in the U20s last night but he doesn't yet look fit enough to be considered for a starting place.

Crowd to hover disappointingly still in the mid 500 range.  50/50 ticket £210 and I will predict a hospitality win as I've not been right on that yet and I've got to clutch at any straws on that one.

I will go for a 2 goal win with Albion taking a penalty lead before Lister gets back on the scoresheet and Peters gets a double.

I think we are due both a defeat and to give someone a real doing. That said I'd be happy with another scraped win and hold that spanking until we travel to the south Angus coast and dish it out there. The defeat can wait until we've won the league lol.

Albion team news from Club Website, Ross Forsyth out for 4 weeks due to knee injury, Jack McCue out with hamstring, Bryan Hodge doubtful as well.

Interesting who plays at left back then, whether its Mills or Dickson unless McLaren has someone else in mind.

Mazel should start in place of Hodge imo. McKenzie and Ferns on wings with Dickson in midfield ?

Up front should be Layne and Henderson unless McLaren only goes for one up front and puts Darren Smith in midfield.

Archived