Joey Barton....Get the popcorn, the fun & games have just begun.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Barton breached his contract to the extent that it can be terminated by Rangers without them having to pay him off? I get the impression that this is what they're hoping to do.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Has Barton breached his contract to the extent that it can be terminated by Rangers without them having to pay him off? I get the impression that this is what they're hoping to do.

If that were the case you imagine they'd have done so weeks ago, they certainly don't seem like they want to keep him

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

If that were the case you imagine they'd have done so weeks ago, they certainly don't seem like they want to keep him

could it just be them going through the legal/HR process in order to have the contract terminated?

15 minutes ago, sjc said:

could it just be them going through the legal/HR process in order to have the contract terminated?

I don't think so, but I'm by no means an expert. Given their previous for players betting on football matches, they won't have much of a leg to stand on if that's what they want to punish the guy for. Unless he threw a punch in the training ground bust up (which he clearly didn't, because it'd be leaked by now) then there's probably nothing he's done to merit terminating a contract. They've probably just realised that they've signed a very expensive dud who causes disharmony in the dressing room because he thinks so highly of himself, which you clearly can't sack for. 

I can't see him playing for them ever again mind and reckon they'll just pay off part of his contract.

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I don't think so, but I'm by no means an expert. Given their previous for players betting on football matches, they won't have much of a leg to stand on if that's what they want to punish the guy for. Unless he threw a punch in the training ground bust up (which he clearly didn't, because it'd be leaked by now) then there's probably nothing he's done to merit terminating a contract. They've probably just realised that they've signed a very expensive dud who causes disharmony in the dressing room because he thinks so highly of himself, which you clearly can't sack for. 

I can't see him playing for them ever again mind and reckon they'll just pay off his contract.

can they afford to pay off his contract?

Just now, sjc said:

can they afford to pay off his contract?

Just edited it two seconds beforehand:lol: 

I meant part of his contract, you imagine he'd get a club down in England no bother & he can pander to the media that the only reason he didn't get going and become the best player in Scottish football is because he got into a heated debate because he's such a passionate player.

All imo, of course. Maybe they'll keep him, but the fact they keep on delaying his return makes it seem like they don't want him around anymore. 

3 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

I can't see him playing for them ever again mind and reckon they'll just pay off part of his contract.

Never stopped anybody else, so carry on.

See ya Joey, off ya go! He might have had a decent season last year with Burnley, but he thought he was going to stroll it up here, still mouthing off at team mates after he himself had got caught in possession or given the ball away with a poor pass on numerous occasions. A bad apple in the dressing room and a terrible signing for be money he's probably on. It's done now though, reluctant to take a loss we can ill afford but let him go.

22 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

See ya Joey, off ya go! He might have had a decent season last year with Burnley, but he thought he was going to stroll it up here, still mouthing off at team mates after he himself had got caught in possession or given the ball away with a poor pass on numerous occasions. A bad apple in the dressing room and a terrible signing for be money he's probably on. It's done now though, reluctant to take a loss we can ill afford but let him go.

"he's clearly going to be important to us this season".

Just when you were coming round to him, too! :lol:

This is all getting rather boring now. Can't help but feel a tad sorry for joey, what he allegedly done really wouldn't have been that bad but after Sevco had seen him and his performances and realised what they were paying the c**t they've done whatever they can to get him out the door.

He deserves a huge pay off.

This is all getting rather boring now. Can't help but feel a tad sorry for joey, what he allegedly done really wouldn't have been that bad but after Sevco had seen him and his performances and realised what they were paying the c**t they've done whatever they can to get him out the door.

He deserves a huge pay off.

#prayforjoey [emoji23]

"he's clearly going to be important to us this season".

Just when you were coming round to him, too! :lol:

If he had continued in the same vein as last season,kept his head down and concentrated on his own game there's no doubt he could have been a valuable addition, it hasn't happened!

Archived