25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

It's cute how all the stranger dangers posters like each other posts.

Kudos to Tedi Wallace for single handedly getting Bennett onto the most popular contributors list even though Bennett has had in excess of over a few hundred helens this week. :lol:

Tedi helped Benny.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a season I'm slowly understanding P&B. Some guys on here and I understand their thoughts it's all about beating the rivals. However trust me it is better losing these matches but winning the league. To a pro manager it's about being at the highest position in the league possible at the end of the season. Of course they want to beat their 'rivals' however it's about the end of season position that keeps them in a job. 

After a season I'm slowly understanding P&B. Some guys on here and I understand their thoughts it's all about beating the rivals. However trust me it is better losing these matches but winning the league. To a pro manager it's about being at the highest position in the league possible at the end of the season. Of course they want to beat their 'rivals' however it's about the end of season position that keeps them in a job. 

Why do so many managers get the sack during the season, rather than at the end?

Anyway, probably only get to see the first half of this and work will have to be done. Good luck Aberdeen. I'll be wearing red on Sunday as that's the days colour anyway. Blue is Friday if anyone is wanting to know.

It was irrelevant.

Celtic declined so much in quality that you actually had the chance to win the league. 

The Dons just needed to back McInnes in the transfer market and they never did.

We didn't have the money to spend, so we didn't spend it. It's called living within your means.

Something neither your old nor new club could get their heads round.

As for the game tomorrow, it's always interesting to play a new club. Shame about the bigotry they seem to bring with them.

Team wise, I'm hopeful of Hayes making it. If so, he'll replace Burns and I'd imagine Rooney will replace Stockley. Del may replace Taylor for Reynolds. Bar that, can't see any other changes in our team happening. Rooney has earned the start after the other night. Later in the game, would be tempted to bring Storey on and stretch their back 4 with pace.

Scoreline wise, a 3-1 win for the Famous, Rooney, McGinn and Maddison scoring, Penhorn scoring from the spot after a clumsy tackle by Taylor or Considine.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The last time a Rangers game was refereed properly people died with rage.

Utterly glorious :lol:

McGregor and McPherson's red cards :lol:

McCoist's challenge :lol:

Hewitt's sublime chip for the third goal in front of a near empty Broomloan lower :lol:

Some Rangers fans that seething with the ref (Louie Thow? ) that they crush their own fans in the Enclosure causing fellow fans to be injured and an encroachment on the pitch :(

What a club!

p.s. I assume that was early in the season as the home stands seem pretty full? 

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It all goes back to that one tackle by Neil Simpson 3 years later, games were like the women's auxiliary balloon corps annual sports day up until that day of infamy.

Do you think that years of shit biased refereeing led up to that tackle?

I know Ferguson instilled a siege mentality and made the players surround the ref to get the right decisions. No excuse for it but after years of refs making it difficult you would be pissed.

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Why do so many managers get the sack during the season, rather than at the end?

Because they haven't won enough matches to achieve the club's expectations for the season and it gives the new manager an opportunity to settle in before the start of the new season.

If Rangers lose to Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts and end up 2nd Warburton will not get sacked. If Rangers beat these clubs and end up 5th then there is certainly a decision to be made on his future. 

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Utterly glorious :lol:

McGregor and McPherson's red cards :lol:

McCoist's challenge :lol:

Hewitt's sublime chip for the third goal in front of a near empty Broomloan lower :lol:

Some Rangers fans that seething with the ref (Louie Thow? ) that they crush their own fans in the Enclosure causing fellow fans to be injured and an encroachment on the pitch :(

What a club!

p.s. I assume that was early in the season as the home stands seem pretty full? 

Fully agree with all you say, except it was Hugh Burns and Craig Paterson that got sent off.

Archived