25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thinking after hearing Mourinho leaving out Rooney as he wants the team to play with a higher tempo and had a much improved performance. Rangers tempo was certainly a lot faster v QOS without Barton. ( I recognise there was other reasons as well).  You just wonder if you don't have that pace in your game a player may not make it to the top level or when you lose it..... Your matches could be numbered. Certainly Rangers will have to show the fast temp tomorrow to match Aberdeen. 

Could also have been the fact that you were playing a part time championship side as well?

7 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

Could also have been the fact that you were playing a part time championship side as well?

I don't think they're a part time side although I may be wrong. I'd have to agree though that the starting line up set the tone. Rangers should put Holt, Halliday and Rossiter in the midfield tomorrow and they'll have a great chance of controlling the game.

12 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I know it's not much of a boast given the result on Tuesday, but we're not part time and haven't been for about a decade you ignorant bellend.

45 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Anyone know if Hayes is fit? 

Either way, I'd imagine it will be kept quiet until the last minute.

Not sure I'd want McInnes to rush him back like he did at Parkhead the season before last.

Either way, I'd imagine it will be kept quiet until the last minute.

Not sure I'd want McInnes to rush him back like he did at Parkhead the season before last.

That's true, we do tend to spring a surprise by having players fit out of nowhere.

No, that's a fair point. He did say that he benched McGinn on Thursday so that he would be able to start Sunday (or words to that effect), but obviously McGinn had to play. Thus, will we have any fit wide men apart from Burns?

3 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

That's true, we do tend to spring a surprise by having players fit out of nowhere.

No, that's a fair point. He did say that he benched McGinn on Thursday so that he would be able to start Sunday (or words to that effect), but obviously McGinn had to play. Thus, will we have any fit wide men apart from Burns?

Obviously would prefer McGinn or Hayes, but Storey can play wide if need be.

We're a much poorer team without Jack and Hayes but I'm still hopeful that we can get a win tomorrow, will need McLean to be a lot better than he has been in the middle of midfield.

This game may provoke utter carnage and feels like it has the potential be a classic encounter with fouls aplenty, injuries galore, controversy,,sendings off, double figure bookings, match ups on the park, ref shitting bricks, mega goals, fans threatening a mass riot at times? Have I missed anything out?

Looking forward to it, canny wait.

Not that confident, we just haven't clicked this season and with Rangers have two extra days to prepare it's looks tough ask - fans expect to win though. Saying that Rangers haven't clicked either yet so hopefully defence looks as bad as recent games.

Press have been going way over the score with the grudge match stuff but that is to be expected.

3 hours ago, stillresigned said:

QOS are full time. The tempo that Rangers played at had nothing to do with the fact they were playing QOS. The team in this case Rangers, sets their own tempo. 

Archived