Designated Survivor

JamieStevenson

15 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Excellent episode, can only be a good thing that Hannah has been terminated. 

21 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

f**k knows what they will do with her now, 

I think they'll go down the "spirited cop continues to investigate, despite being taken off the case" route.

I think they'll go down the "spirited cop continues to investigate, despite being taken off the case" route.
Fast forward to 2 seasons down the line where they no doubt axe this and it turns out everything bad that's happened was all thanks to evil Hannah.

On 30/04/2018 at 16:22, Boghead ranter said:

Looked that way, then it didnt, now it is again :lol:

On 30/04/2018 at 16:29, JamieStevenson said:
On 30/04/2018 at 16:22, Boghead ranter said:

Fast forward to 2 seasons down the line where they no doubt axe this and it turns out everything bad that's happened was all thanks to evil Hannah.

Unlikely now, I would have thought. Can see her going up against the authorities at some point though

4 hours ago, MSU said:

The first season was great. For some reason, I just can't be bothered dedicating time to season two.

The two seasons are different (and I agree season 1 was much better).  Season 1 was more about the initial fallout after the Capitol bombing, and Kirkman getting his feet 'under the table' whilst political machinations went on all round about him.  Other world events were only minor distractions to the main story.  However by season 2, he's more established as president (even if still not widely respected) so the Hannah Wells/Damien stuff, and the world events stuff, needs to play a much bigger part to pad out the story.  Which makes it a far more run-of-the-mill programme than season 1.

That's my take on it anyway.

I'm currently halfway through S2, and so far I have found it underwhelming: the characters have stagnated, the episodes have acquired an increasingly formulaic feel, and I thought Line of Fire was especially poorly written and executed. By contrast, I really enjoyed S1; I was willing to overlook certain issues because it had a real sense of pace and excitement, but that has since decreased significantly. Hookstraten has been a big loss, too. 

I'm going to give it two or three more episodes post-Line of Fire before deciding whether to continue with S2 or to chuck it.

I have watched a few more episodes now and I reckon I will see it through. I should have also said in my previous post that I think Lyor has been a good addition in S2. I don't dig the Emily/Seth relationship, though. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Damien's daughter has a worse British accent than he does.

The scenes filmed in 'Britain' in the last episodes were hilarious too.  It was like a typical American's view of what a British street/buildings/landmarks look like, but really not like the real thing.