Designated Survivor

JamieStevenson

Yes, his googling efforts were definitely worthy of a Pulitzer, and his reaction to the pop-up worthy of an Emmy. Still, it's nice to see it back on its ridiculous tracks after a couple of dull episodes. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

excellent finale, nicely wrapped up first season with a line into season 2, hopefully it is commissioned and wont take too long to be released

I enjoyed it too. I managed to suspend my disbelief when Agent Wells, who got shot not so long ago, was getting thrown around in a fight and jumping back on her feet. And I didn't ask too many questions around why the baddies left her alive in a van that was set to explode anyway, unless they'd all attended the Blofield School of Evil Henchmen.

Season 2 will most likely kick-off in September.

22 hours ago, MSU said:

I enjoyed it too. I managed to suspend my disbelief when Agent Wells, who got shot not so long ago, was getting thrown around in a fight and jumping back on her feet. And I didn't ask too many questions around why the baddies left her alive in a van that was set to explode anyway, unless they'd all attended the Blofield School of Evil Henchmen.

yeah, the agent wells part is massively unbelievable, contrasts well to the kirkman side which is actually believable i guess, allows us to get our thirst for action and shite fulfilled while actually having a decent political show to watch through as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-19 at 16:14, MSU said:

I was a bit disappointed in the finale, it was all a bit neat and there were even more massive plot holes than usual. Why didnt they just cancel the security card at the pentagon? How did he manage to walk out of the building/drive out of the car park when everyone was looking for him? And the whole "I didnt read my email Ive been busy" shite. Who, in that position, doesnt have email on their phone? Or wouldnt be looking out for communication from someone out in the field?

Still looking forward to season 2 though

Edited by Mr X

Just caught up with the last 3 episodes. Great first season. Hannah's little missions and story were by far the most stupid yet entertaining part of the show. Kirkman has really come into his own as President and his team are all likeable. It's set up nicely to go after Lloyd in Season 2. Shouldn't be too long to wait so looking forward to it.

16 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Just caught up with the last 3 episodes. Great first season. Hannah's little missions and story were by far the most stupid yet entertaining part of the show. Kirkman has really come into his own as President and his team are all likeable. It's set up nicely to go after Lloyd in Season 2. Shouldn't be too long to wait so looking forward to it.

kirkman has defo grown on me as well, hopefully season 2 focuses more on the political aspects as i thought they were very intriguing, kirkman going from the whimpering scared new president to someone more assured, but still very vunerable is god because its not like he simply saves the day, 

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Hopefully season 2 is a bit more consistent. The first one jumped from being absolutely brilliant to outright ridiculous far too often. I'll give this a watch tomorrow.

yeah it did, at times i felt that was good as the completely unreal FBI chick investigation kinda worked well against the political day to day life of kirkman, but other times it was just unbelievable nonsense