Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Stuart Campbell coming across a complete c**t, which he is. 

He's still correct in his assertion that the tweet wasn't homophobic.

Whether or not it was, it's pretty vile using his Dad's coming out to have a go at him. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

This is not going well for Wings.  His next witness is the bloke who writes the Dog column in the National.  Folk are trying to report on this seriously, but the more they do so the funnier it gets.  A bit like that time the Scottish rugby players got in a fight in a fish and chip shop dressed as crayons and teletubbies.

9 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Wings over Scotland now being backed up by the ‘Wee Ginger Dug’ blog writer. Minter.

Even if he wins here Stuart Campbell comes out of this looking ridiculous. What a horrid little man.

Would you say more or less vile than you?

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This is not going well for Wings.  His next witness is the bloke who writes the Dog column in the National.  Folk are trying to report on this seriously, but the more they do so the funnier it gets.  A bit like that time the Scottish rugby players got in a fight in a fish and chip shop dressed as crayons and teletubbies.

I dunno, I suppose Dugdale's defence is that Campbell has sufficient previous of homophobia such that her interpretation of his tweet would be a reasonable claim. Proving over and over again that the man is offensive isn't actually going to help if they can't show that he's got a body of record of being Homophobic. Of course I'm no legal expert so that might all be bullshit. 

I believe that Campbell is a fucking vile arsehole. I believe that a public humiliation is very good to see and hopefully makes more people see him for the arsehole that he is.

However, the tweet wasn't using homosexuality as an insult, and even using his past tweets, which are pretty vile, it's STILL a stretch and a half to connect those dots.

39 minutes ago, Billy Rubin said:

Has Stuart Campbell ever registered for Pie and Bovril?

He was on for a while, think it was during that process that ended with a new club in the bottom division.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If Bernard Manning had said it would you think the same?

If Manning had said it I'd be reassessing my thoughts on the afterlife.

34 minutes ago, renton said:

I dunno, I suppose Dugdale's defence is that Campbell has sufficient previous of homophobia such that her interpretation of his tweet would be a reasonable claim. Proving over and over again that the man is offensive isn't actually going to help if they can't show that he's got a body of record of being Homophobic. Of course I'm no legal expert so that might all be bullshit. 

All she has to do is prove it was reasonable to say the tweet is homophobic.

I'm guessing that she will have better witnesses lined up than Campbell to back her up.

It's obviously homophobic, though I do not think Stuart Campbell is himself a homophobe. He's still awful though. His reaction to the Salisbury poisonings was crackpot tinfoil hattery, and the whole trans stuff has made him look very unpleasant.

If he’d stuck to the more acceptable form of bigotry in transphobia he could’ve raked in a more stable income from the Guardian and the New Statesman the stupid c**t.