Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

Bella and Commonspace are no substitutes for Wings.  For refuting smears, lies and propaganda no one is as efficient as Wings and he's on the ball in an instant too.

Nearest person to come anywhere near close to Wings is Ross Colquhoun of the SNP.  

Jason Michael has come onto the scene but he's starting to come across as a pure roaster 

5 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Bella and Commonspace are no substitutes for Wings.  For refuting smears, lies and propaganda no one is as efficient as Wings and he's on the ball in an instant too.

Nearest person to come anywhere near close to Wings is Ross Colquhoun of the SNP.  

Jason Michael has come onto the scene but he's starting to come across as a pure roaster 

Probably a trait that's common amongst those that wish to pursue that line of work, probably looking to stroke their egos more than disprove anyone.

11 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Probably a trait that's common amongst those that wish to pursue that line of work, probably looking to stroke their egos more than disprove anyone.

All journalists or just those of an independence persuasion?

26 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I used to follow Jeggit but he seems a wee bit too Celticy and he was like a wee lassie when they didn't give him a prime spot at AUOB in Edinburgh.  

Bella I stopped following ages ago think they were overly moany and a wee bit posh.

Quite like Robin McAlpine but with the involvement of A Haggerty, they were binned too

Edited by dirty dingus

30 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Why are these Dubliners and Bristolians obsessed with Scotland? And Phil Threenames come to think of it.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Apparently Commonspace had a wee party when she left. But very little of their output is of interest to me. Website is awful too.

Yeah they seem to be right into number crunching which is boring as f**k, I've seen Robin Mcalpine speak a few times at various rallies and he always came across really well. 

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

All journalists or just those of an independence persuasion?

Why would you assume it would only be confined to those of an independence persuasion?

I understand that Campbell has done a lot for the independence movement but it shouldn't give him carte blanche to utter some of the things he does. I can understand why what he wrote could have been interpreted as homophobic - at the very least it was completely crass - attack Mundell for his politics - don't bring sexuality in to it.

There are some who are prepared to support him no matter what and that is dangerous IMHO.

He worries me. I know he's more than just a sweary weirdo, but when you have someone who's such a prominent person in the indy movement being a total bigot, it doesn't help. I find him damaging no matter what he does.
It's a shame because he has done some great work on Wings, and his personality just completely overshadows it for so many people.

This. I’m surprised anyone thinks the odd-looking little garden gnome could be good for the Yes movement. I’d go as far as to say that any public coverage for him and his salty, bitter views is good news for the Unionists. File alongside Alex Salmond and Tommy Sheridan.

13 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

This. I’m surprised anyone thinks the odd-looking little garden gnome could be good for the Yes movement. I’d go as far as to say that any public coverage for him and his salty, bitter views is good news for the Unionists.

Given your track record this can only be good news for independence.

This. I’m surprised anyone thinks the odd-looking little garden gnome could be good for the Yes movement. I’d go as far as to say that any public coverage for him and his salty, bitter views is good news for the Unionists. File alongside Alex Salmond and Tommy Sheridan.
Aye cos Alex salmond has been useless for Scottish independence 🤨

Even if he's found guilty, he'll have arguably done more than anyone to promote Scottish independence over the years.

I like the wings guy. I don't agree with everything he's said, but I hate the modern trend of writing someone off entirely due to one or two statements.

Aye cos Alex salmond has been useless for Scottish independence 🤨

Even if he's found guilty, he'll have arguably done more than anyone to promote Scottish independence over the years.

I like the wings guy. I don't agree with everything he's said, but I hate the modern trend of writing someone off entirely due to one or two statements.

Presumably he means that coverage now of Salmond is good for the unionist cause given he’s been accused of sexual assault and rape?

And it’s hardly one or two statements. Campbell’s demonstrated a repeated history of transphobia from using his website to scaremonger about the gender recognition act and “the trans lobby”, having some 10/10 patter about identifying as a woman so his critics were misogynists and continuing to claim Chelsea Manning is a man for about 7 years at this point.

Presumably he means that coverage now of Salmond is good for the unionist cause given he’s been accused of sexual assault and rape?

And it’s hardly one or two statements. Campbell’s demonstrated a repeated history of transphobia from using his website to scaremonger about the gender recognition act and “the trans lobby”, having some 10/10 patter about identifying as a woman so his critics were misogynists and continuing to claim Chelsea Manning is a man for about 7 years at this point.

This. Even aside from the alledged sex-pestery Salmond since losing in 2014 has become an embarrassing figure - desperate to try to remain relevant. Even Sturgeon must wish he would just disappear.

*Gestures at the literally hundreds of anti trans tweets*
I have to admit that I'm not up on the transphobia accusations, but I also know that I've read about Germaine Greer and Mary Beard being described as transphobic - so I'm not convinced the debate is cut and dried.

Can't believe the Yes da's have raised over 700 grand for him.
The game's gone.

700 grand and he wears the same clothes to court two days in a row. Time for the cybernats to get the collection cans back out to help the poor boy.